Trex450 plus dfc

jody1974

Hi everyone.I need some help.I cannot bind my bird to spectrum dx6i.I had it bonded but had a bad crash.Its now unbinded and I can't get it back in bind mode.I've followed the instructions to the tee with nothing.I take the throttle wire out and insert bind plug.I then put that into the Rudd port and go through the process.I hear one set of tones the satellite receiver lights up and then flashes for times.I end up with a solid red light on the gyro and nothing else moves.Please help!!!

trainrider06

No not the ESC, the reciever, is the reciever an Align 3GX? By the way you should have posted your question in the 450 helicopter section....you'd gotten a lot more and quicker help.

Anyway, I'm not all that up on the 3GX system, but isn't there a batt plug slot on it?
I've never heard of removing the ESC plug and plugging in the bind plug to bind it.
As far as I know you leave the ESC plug in the throttle port
(Unplug your motor) put the bind plug in the bat port turn heli on flick bind switch on radio, and then turn radio on holding the bind plug switch on till it starts to bind...then let off. But I could be wrong on a 3Gx system it might be different

trainrider06

So it's working now???

- - - Updated - - -

Here is something I think might help you out....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789523

trainrider06

I'm using the 3gx Mrs.Aren't the 3gx and the 3gx Mrs two different gyros/receivers?

Let me check around here see what I can find for ya. I'm not all up on those systems but I'll see what i can find on it...
So that we're straight here....your radio won't bind to the receiver?? We'll need type radio, your using would also help...
There are a few guys on here that know that system a lot better than me....Tony for one knows a lot about em.
He's been getting flooded.....literally flooded up there in OK but him or a few other guys know a lot about that system...
in the meantime I'll see what I can do for ya.....I feel for ya man, nothing like trying to figure this stuff out when you want it figured now! LOL
Just can you tell me what radio you have?? That can make a difference in helping you with it...

Tony

Staff member
The two gyros are pretty much the same with the mrs being a very basic version. You can't hook that one up to the computer and IMO, I didn't like it when I had one here to test out.

First thing I would check is the wires. Make sure there are no cuts in any of the wires, including the wires going to the satellite. I have had those satellite wires break on me just from age. And with a hard crash, they can easily break. Also, get another satellite to test out with (you can never have too many). You could have damaged the satellite Rx.

Make sure you are getting good voltage between the red and black wire coming out of the ESC.

trainrider06

Oh duhh i just reread this your radio a DX6i....
Well your in great hands now Tony can get you fixed up! Thanks Tony I was treading water here....LOL

Tony

Staff member
Oh that sucks about the ESC.

One thing that I don't know is if you can run the DX6i with a satellite on the mrs. I know you can't do it on the 3GX original because that puts the gyro gain on channel 7, which the 6i doesn't have. But I"m thinking you can use the 6i on the mrs, just not 100% sure. Keep us posted on how things are going.

trainrider06

Thanks,yeah he's great.

Well now your obligated to let us see the video of this baby up in the air! :wink:
Sucks about the ESC, weird how sometimes a crash screws stuff up that you would think wouldn't get harmed. then stuff you'd think 'ah man I bet I tore that one up" survives! Guess thats all part of the hobby..

jody1974

Ok video it is.You can look at it and say.....seems like old times,haha.If you can't laugh and joke and drink a Coke,the hell with it!

Top Bottom