Micro Trex150 Tail Judder

Les wood

Hi there,

I'm new to my Trex 150. It's a new Heli and I have a tail issue.

Model hovers lovely and smooth and seems set up well out of the box.

My issue is whilst it's in a hover, or flying around, I have this tail judder that is not constant. It is dead smooth for a few seconds then I get a judder then it settles again, and so on and so on, like a heart beat almost if you get me.

Any ideas of what it could be?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what a 'judder' is. Is there anyway you can get us a video of what it's doing? If not, have you tried playing with the tail gain adjustments?

Les wood

I'm not sure what a 'judder' is. Is there anyway you can get us a video of what it's doing? If not, have you tried playing with the tail gain adjustments?
Hi,

By judder I mean a wag, but only for a split second then it stops, then 2 seconds later a quick wag, then stops.....and so on

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the motor is spinning free and that your tail blade is tight on the shaft. If that doesn't work, you may need to adjust some tail settings in the gyro or play with the gains.

Les wood

Make sure the motor is spinning free and that your tail blade is tight on the shaft. If that doesn't work, you may need to adjust some tail settings in the gyro or play with the gains.
The heli is brand new , I have tried adjusting the gain but it makes no difference.

It's not like your normal gain wag, it's like an electrical interference for a split second. I'll try get a video over the weekend.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Something that small might just be normal for that heli. I don't think so, but it could be.

Double check the tightness of your main blades. They should be pretty loose on a bird this small. Just enough to know the grips are clamping onto the blades without any slop, but loose enough that the blades can move easily. If this is not normal, then I'm thinking that is a harmonic vibration issue.

Les wood

thanks for your advise, ill check a few things when im home later.

I have had main blades loose and nipped up, makes no difference.

Im not new to Helis just his one.

It feel like an electrical glitch rather than a reaction to harmonics of gain set up, its like an electrical interference that causes the stutter ??

Gianko s nardelli

hello my people! Ive got that exact same problem , with the exact same factors ,and i experienced its really a harmonic vibration issue. I experimented puting a new main gear in my heli , because it war the only thing that was now brand new( and it was a little crooked) , so I put and tested , and its really hold , check all the mecanical parts and every single vibration you got in your heli , maybe thing about the pieces you have changed in the last time you crashed ... maybe it will help

Top Bottom