Trex with bigger skids

teleman

Teleman01.jpgTeleman02.jpg Hey Guys, Time is going so slow waiting for my son to get home so I thought I would post a couple of pics. Yes you are seeing correctly… Im already modifying my helicopters …hehe…I put Trex 500 skids on the 450 and Trex 450 skids on the 250. I think they look awesome and will give a good footprint . Kinda like truing gear but a lot better looking…lol…

Teleman01.jpg

Teleman02.jpg

Derek

I have to agree with this. Some people don't like this but I think it's a good idea. I use 600 skids on my 500. I'll probably keep the 600 skids that I have on my 600, I dunno. I may end up buying a set of 700 skids and put them on my 600 to see how it looks.

Your heli's looks great!

Lee

Its a great idea for those who have finished with Training gear, but still want some extra security on landing.

Derek

Its a great idea for those who have finished with Training gear, but still want some extra security on landing.

Thanks for that, Lee! Your comment describes me, 100%! Although, I think my landings are pretty smooth....that added reassurance always helps me.

...and besides that....I just think the 500 looks very cool with the 600 skids.

heli-maniac

Everyone has their own cup of tea they like
but its not for me
Thats like putting monster mud tires on a YUGO

would look alot better if you shorten the skid pipes

Last edited:

Derek

I dunno, Jesse. Shortening the skid pipes seems counter productive. We are putting the bigger landing gear on our helicopters to gain a larger footprint. Shortening the skid pipes is rather opposite.

Slobberdog

Most people do this to get the heli higher off the ground, and gain more grass clearance on the tail,

heli-maniac

The object is wider not longer so it dose not tip to the sides as easy they really dont tip forward or backward
I added longer skid pipes to my 450 but they were only a 1 inch longer

Top Bottom