450 Trex Align Helicopter 450 SE V2 blue print

Rico

Hi there, I am rebuilding my storm 450 to an Trex Align Helicopter 450 SE V2 sport, because I'm tired of the storm break down all the time and spare parts take like a million years to come, so that is why the rebuilt, but since I buy it in parts, I don't have a blue print, any one know where I can find one on the net in PDF format that I can download ??

Greetings Rico

PaulRC

the V2 is almost getting phased out. It's getting harder and harder to find parts for it. you may need to consider to upgrading to the 450 PRO

Tony

Staff member
Paul, the new sport helicopter from Align is the new version of the SE V2. Most if not all parts are compatible between the two. What isn't is just a simple conversion with another part. I have been putting V3 parts on my SE V2 and they fit perfectly. Love the SE V2, it's just so stable when setup correctly. I think mine needs a new head though. It's a little loose.

Rico, I think Kev got you going with the correct manual. If there is anything else that we can do to help out, just let us know.

Rico

thank you tony, there will come more help hehe

and thank you slubberdog, for the book :)

I have ordered the carbon fiber main frame and 2 titanium rotor head + tail rotor, and aluminum landing skids, and I could see that the main frame on the sport and pro looks like it is the same one, so I hope that it will work out :)

Slobberdog

the V2 is almost getting phased out. It's getting harder and harder to find parts for it. you may need to consider to upgrading to the 450 PRO

Align are coming out with alot of parts that upgrade even form the v2 to current, like the feathering shaft for instance they have just releassed a new straight shaft that will fit the soprt and v2 and it comes with new resized thrust bearings as well,

just because its a little older dont mean they dont still support it.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you tony, there will come more help hehe

and thank you slubberdog, for the book :)

I have ordered the carbon fiber main frame and 2 titanium rotor head + tail rotor, and aluminum landing skids, and I could see that the main frame on the sport and pro looks like it is the same one, so I hope that it will work out :)

the framee changed on the pro v2 i thinks so you should be ok

PaulRC

Paul, the new sport helicopter from Align is the new version of the SE V2. Most if not all parts are compatible between the two. What isn't is just a simple conversion with another part. I have been putting V3 parts on my SE V2 and they fit perfectly. Love the SE V2, it's just so stable when setup correctly. I think mine needs a new head though. It's a little loose.

Rico, I think Kev got you going with the correct manual. If there is anything else that we can do to help out, just let us know.

Don't get me wrong Tony I love the V2 as opposed to the PRO, I don't know if it's a marketing thing but most online shops here in OZ seems to have stop stocking the V2/Sport and they have more 450 PRO parts/kits available. I'm not sure what's going on there. In a sense I feel like I'm being pushed to only use PRO helis :(

Tony

Staff member
The Pro heli's are the newest design and it's what most people use. I have both, the Pro V2 and the SE V2. I like the Pro much better. It's easier to work on since there is only two sides to it, and not 4. But, if you can't get parts for the SE, you may want to upgrade to the Pro just so you can get parts.

Bruno

Hi there, I am rebuilding my storm 450 to an Trex Align Helicopter 450 SE V2 sport, because I'm tired of the storm break down all the time and spare parts take like a million years to come, so that is why the rebuilt, but since I buy it in parts, I don't have a blue print, any one know where I can find one on the net in PDF format that I can download ??

Greetings Rico

I owned a Storm and used it to learn for over a year. It was the CF version. I also own a Trex sport V2 and Pro V2.
The Storm head and servo design (vulnerable placement) seemed to often present problems and the main shaft bent easier than Align shafts. However, the displacement of the storm main shaft in relation to the main gear and secondary gear prevented me from changing to the align main shafts and gears. Other parts were compatible with Align. Please keep us posted on your rebuild.

Tony

Staff member
Kev, the Pro and Pro V2 use almost identical frame sides. The V2 comes with an extended battery tray and a 3G mount under the main shaft. The pro's are completely new compared to the Sport or SE versions.

Slobberdog

Sorry Tony I thought the flybar version had the 2 peice side frame but it is only the one peice, my bad.

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. They change kits faster than most change underwear hahahaha. That is a nasty visual lmao.

Rico

Hi there Bruno, yah I have big issues with the main shaft too, it bend in like 45 degrees, and I think I found the problem, the bottom support plate that holds the pipe with the 2 bearings for the rotor head, it vase original a 4 mm plate, but thy grind it down to 2 mm, and it bends very easily, it is with 3 hex screws and I drilled 6 more holes and cut thread so let us see if that holds, and the reason that I will rebuild to align is that I can get align parts here in Denmark to almost the same price I get them I china, and I don't have to wait so long to get them :)

Greetings Rico .-)

PaulRC

It's all good. They change kits faster than most change underwear hahahaha. That is a nasty visual lmao.

Align changes too quickly. They got a new 450 about to come out, that looks very similar design to the GAUI X3. I can't keep up with Align anymore.

Top Bottom