700 trex 700 serial connector

PHIL1234

i bought a serial connector to make 2 6s li-po`s to 12s when how do they plug together there is a positive to positive, negative to negative and positive to negative everytime time i plug them in i get a spark should that be happening,
and i can hardly hear my esc. can someone help me and tell me how they plug together.

thanks phil

Tony

Staff member
You should never be able to hear your ESC. It sends out signals to the motor, and the motor is what you are hearing.

To wire a plug up in serial, you will connect positive to negative on the two plugs. The image below should help out in making the connection. And yes, when you are dealing with 44.4 volts, it's going to make one HELL of a pop every time you connect it. That is the batteries charging the caps in the ESC instantaneously.

Deans_Series_12_medium.jpg

Deans_Series_12_medium.jpg

PHIL1234

20140807_213827[1].jpg

my red wire goes to positive to positive, the long black wire goes to negative to negative and the short wire goes to positive to negative, my li-po`s have the ec5 connectors on and the red to positive and black to negative is that right.

20140807_213827[1].jpg

Dirk

That spark scared the holy crap out of me the first couple of times, but you get used to it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah that spark is why ec5 is preferred on a bigger bird so spark is contained. People also make / invest in spark suppressors . I never did when I was electric. After a while ... A while.. You do have to check the connectors and see of they are burnt enough to create resistance ... If the connectors come down hot after a flight that's a tell tale sign. :)

Top Bottom