600 Trex 600pro DFC issue

Stygimoloch

Hi there, I'm having a bit of a tail issue which I cannot find any solution too. I have researched all the parameters in the GPro and adjusted them with no difference, well it makes it worse. What happens is I get a nasty tail wag at pitch pumps. Example, from a hover I ascend quickly then descend quickly, at the point of collective change it wags hard. Tail servo is the std ds655 which came with the kit, mechanically the tail is smooth with no binding. Also running a dx6i at the moment until I can afford an upgrade. Any help will be great, cheers ~

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried lowering the gyro gain in the tx by 5%? I need to get my hands on a gpro and test them out . I have never done anything with them unfortunately.

Stygimoloch

I have yes, started @ 65% gain and tinkered till got a solid tail in idle up. The GPro will be an awesome unit as its so easy to set up. I reset everything during a part check and probably took 15min to setup without setting parameters :D which personally is great.Trex 600pro DFC.jpg

Trex 600pro DFC.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Been doing some looking at the gpro software, and in the parameter menu there is a tail gain. You can try lowering this value and see what that does. You also have a Rudder P gain that you can lower to try and stop the oscillations. That is about the only parameters that I see, other than lowering the gain in the Tx, to stop the tail wagging during high collective input.

And that is one great looking helicopter right there. Have any video?

Lee

If its only playing up in pitch pumps, then you need to increase the Collective tail gain.
Got to Tail parameters>Collective to Tail.
You could also try upping the Rud I gain.

Tony

Staff member
Wouldn't the rudder I gain cause a slow wag and not a fast wag? Just talking it through, I don't know this gyro at all lol. ,

Lee

It could be a number of things. Raising I gain will reduce P gain wag.
It could be cyclic gain if the wag is the head and not the tail.
Can you get a video of it happening so we can see?

Lee

Once you start playing with multi rotors, gains become part of everyday life :D

Tony

Staff member
Yup, just another reason to get a quad. I know with governors, the I and P gains are there and need to be adjusted. Just more work for me lmao.

bbj

So much to learn where does it end. I have a tail wag issue as well but on a 3gx. Hope to fix it today with a friend that flys these things.

Top Bottom