600 trex 600N servos tilt to one side on spool up

heidelberg

Hello guys my trex 600N has some issues. it comes with the align 2 in 1 BEC with igniter and standard align Ds 6 servos and Align GPRO. I just noticed on spool up once the engine reaches about 20-30% on the stick the aileron servos starts to tilt on one side.and the elevetor servo moves forward. twitching a.little bit. I was not able to lift the heli due to drifting. After killing the motor I noticed my servos are all hot too touch. too hot that you cannot put your finger long enough on the aluminum casing. has anybody experienced this? could this be a faulty2 in 1 bec issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the Align gyro strikes again. This is a known issue on that gyro as well as the 3GX. The only thing you can do is get what's called Zeal tape, double it up, put a ziptie with fuel tubing around it loosly to try and stop the vibrations. It's vibrations that is causing this, and nitro's are notorious for vibrations. Do yourself a favor and get an Ikon. Better governor, better gyro.

heidelberg

Will try that. I bought a 3m moulding tape the same tape that came with thw gpro. I will try to triple the tape first if that doesn't work well I guess I will go for an ikon. wron decision again on my part. Thanks for the advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Will try that. I bought a 3m moulding tape the same tape that came with the gpro. I will try to triple the thickness of the tape first ,if that doesn't work well I guess I will go for an ikon. wrong decision again on my part. Thanks for the advice.

Tony

Staff member
It's not a wrong decision if you thought it was right. Just remember, a nitro has a LOT more vibrations than an electric with a perfect balanced head and blades. The engine, the clutch, just those two things will cause massive vibrations.

In fact, I'm thinking about taking my AR7200BX off my Align 450 Pro V2 and putting my other ikon on there just for the reliability. There is nothing wrong with the AR7200BX, I just like the flight parameters of the ikon more.

holtneil

Hi mate sell the Gpro it will be ok for a non nitro and this will give you some money towards the ikon

heidelberg

I did the same thing. Dumped the gpro and installed the ikon in there problem solved.By the way thanks Tony for saving me from lots of frustration.

Smoggie

Just to add my voice to the chorus: It sounds very much like a vibration related problem. Adding mass to the FBL controller can help, so you would typically attach the FBL to a thick metal plate, then attach the metal plate via vibration damping pads (try double thickness) to the heli. It's also important to make sure than any wiring has enough slack to tame out vibration, wires that are pulled tight and attached to the airframe close to he FBL will transmit vibrations from the frame into the FBL.

Geena

Staff member
What voltage are you running those align servos at? DS610, and DS615 servos are only rated for up to 6 volt. If you are running them at 7.4v, that could be the reason they are getting so hot.

Top Bottom