600 Trex 600MX Motor Maintenance?

Bruno

How/Where/if at all do I oil/maintain the 600MX??

How/Does this apply to the Trex 450MX motor?

Thanks.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
All motors need some maintenance once in a while. recommend using thing bearing oil, or oil that the company makes and put a few drops in the bearings on top and the bottom of the motor stator. you can usually get through the cooling holes to the inner lower bearing on the motors, and the top one is out and exposed.

Makes sure you havent developed a short anywhere just for the heck of it. you know things like that :)

If you end up opening the motor, you can check the windings and the magnets. believe it or not, one motor I had (made by compass the first one ever) had a broken magnet, their epoxxy didnt hold on that one...

How often.. lets say every 50 -60 flights.. and if you crash in dirt more often .. may be a bit sooner. Just to make these motors last :)

Tony

Staff member
IMO, it's going to depend on how much you fly and where you fly and store your aircraft. Mine for example, have hung on the ceiling for about a year. I will end up taking all of them apart and cleaning them out. You don't want any dirt or dust in them. As gaba stated, you will need to lube the bearings, but more importantly, you need to clean the bearings. This means, every 50 or so flights, take the motor apart and clean the bearings with brake or carb cleaner, then re-oil them and put the motor back together.

Gaba brought up a great point. Even the smallest rock will damage the windings in these motors. So always check for damage and discoloration of the windings as often as you can.

And this goes for ALL brushless motors.

Lee

I'm very bad at maintenance. I have never oiled any of my motors on any of my helis or multi rotors. That was until i got my Scorpion motor for the 600. They say it should be oiled every 10 or so flights. I dont do it that much but maybe every 20. None of my motors have failed so i guess its up to you and the environment you fly in.

murankar

Staff member
I have 2 scorpions myself. I have oiled both of mine maybe 2 Times each. My older 3590 kv has the most flights and run smooth as silk. Now my msh 3s scorpion same thing runs smooth as silk.

If I spin the cans they just go for a long time. More than your helicopter bearings. I would agree with Lee on this. About 20 to 30 flights unless your beating the tar out of it.

Top Bottom