600 Trex 600e Pro DFC head dampers

Derek

I was just looking over HeliPal for some parts for my helicopter. I saw that they have various dampers that range from DFC dampers, to 60 degree dampers, 70 degree dampers, 80 and 90 degree dampers.

What is the difference between all these dampers?

Tony

Staff member
The higher the number, the stiffer they are. The DFC dampers are solid plastic and it's what you want to run in a DFC head.

Derek

I did not know there was a difference in the stiffness. I assumed that I'd want the DFC dampers...just didn't know what the significance was with the difference.

Thanks!

Bruno

I am using the KDBB ED LIME GREEN dampers on my 550V3. They are not solid plastic. The stock dampers are solid plastic. I switched dampers since the stock dampers allowed head play/slop without adding spacers. I read this was not cool with the dfc setup and could cause breakage. Not a problem with the KDBB and they are designed for the 550/600 head. IMO.

In terms of flight;I do some flips, rolls and inverted nothing aggressive and I have not noticed a difference between dampers. However, I am pleased to have eliminated the head slop.

Last edited:

Derek

Thanks Bruno for your comment. The last thing we need, in machines this big, is to have head slop. I haven't bought new dampers yet. Still shopping around, but I'll look into the KDBB dampers.

Top Bottom