600 Trex 600 nitro DFC engine trouble

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello everyone i need some help with my 600 nitro. I have it built using an ar7200bx and an align 55h engine i am completely new to nitro but im pretty sure its ready to fly but i cant get the engine to start. i read the manual but it doesnt give a clue on a starting point with the needle adjustments, ive tried adjusting themin the increments as it suggests but it will not start. So far i have gotten it to start for about a second then it quits. Any suggestions would be much appreciated:confused-new:

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried opening the carb a little more via the throttle trim? Sounds like it's just not getting enough air or it's not getting enough fuel. What are your needle settings at right now? And if you have a mid needle, don't touch it. Leave it completely stock.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have seen that the OS engines actually like much less trim or initial throttle settings than what the Manila suggests. Ok stock needle settings , you'll see that you'll have this issue quite a lot. That basically is because that the carb opening opens enough to not produce enough vacuum to pull fuel in (in my opinion)

Go lower ... Like by 2 or 3 percent . I bet it fires up. I have had the same issue with my old 50 and now 91 engine when I am starting break in. Don't touch the idle speed needle yet. You don't need to.

Top Bottom