600 Trex 600 DFC conversion is a go!!!

pj1969

Well after building my 600 with help from many people on here, i've decided to change the fly bared head to an Align DFC fly barless and was wondering if i need to change the whole complete head and swash plate or if i can just change the head and keep my swash???? This is a picture of my standard set uphead and swash 600.jpg
any help is great help guys

- - - Updated - - -

Oh how do i turn the pictures round too lol, they always upload funny when i do them.

head and swash 600.jpg

Karubah

You can change just the head and use the existing swash, but you will have to change the main shaft as the DFC shaft is shorter.

Don,t forget to change your gyro as well.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You can use your current swash, but the DFC swash has the balls in a different orientation to keep them from popping off due to centrifugal force. Just make sure your plastic ends are in good shape and you should be okay.

wolfman76

On my DC kit for my 500 i just ordered the swash to go with it i think i found An entire upgrade kit at like rchelipro.com or readyheli.com our some place like that i just googled the kit...

Tony

Staff member
I got my complete kit from a 550 on ebay for $120 for my 600. Killer deal for the head, grips and swash.

pj1969

Cheers guys, i'm going to buy complete lot i think, then its all same and new. Going to run it with one of those beastx clone jobbies and my spektrum satelite. will upload pics and vid when its all done.

3DDevil

I am about to do exactly the same. I am going to update the swash to the new one also. I will be using the Align 3gx system. While I was in the upgrading mood I purchased a new JR tail servo. A complete metal tail torque set up. New metal aileron levers and metal JR/Align servo wheels.

yardner

Cheers guys, i'm going to buy complete lot i think, then its all same and new. Going to run it with one of those beastx clone jobbies and my spektrum satelite. will upload pics and vid when its all done.

Iv'e got the 600e DFC, with a Spektrum AR7200BX. But now i want to convert my Trex 450 w/3GX over to a BX so they will both speak the same language.

Can i ask ??? what beastx clone jobbies are you looking at? I have looked and read a little about the Hobbymate.
anyway, hope your conversion is going well.

thanks,

pj1969

Sorry for late reply, I didn't get a notification email. The unit is this one, I bought it, but decided to use it on my goblin 700. Works really well and it cheap.
Hobbyzone TGZ380 Flybarless 3 Axis Gyro System for 250 450 500 600 Helicopter

http://bit.ly/18Hf5HT

On the 600 I'm going to run a TAROT ZYX as I have one on my 450 pro and is rock solid, so I'm sticking with what I know.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom