600 Trex 550x Help

Rowdy

im trying to do some fine tuning on my 550x with an ar7210 beast x gyro. im starting to fly mainly 3d. i was doing some tic tocs and it almost feels to me like im not as "connected" with it as i should be. i changed the control style in menu "b" to pro which helped suit my flying style. but when im doing tic tocs specifically it feels like its not "crisp" not as touchy as i would like. what would yall do to start making some more changes!?!? thanks for your time. MLH&R

Tony

Staff member
The analog dials on the face of the gyro, try turning dial 2 up. This is your Direct Cyclic Feed Forward. Raising it will make you feel more connected to the gyro. In Parameter Menu B, you could try going to Extreme, or a blue flashing light. Those are the two settings I would go with to start out with.

Rowdy

thank you!!!! i tweaked dial 2 a little and it feels soo much better. my last question is about the pitch. i would like to add a couple more degrees of pitch to the heli. is there a way i can do that through the gyro as well!? or do i just have to play with the 2 linkage rods on the head???

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
If I remember correctly letter "K" in the menu will increase or decrease the heli pitch.

Tony

Staff member
As Ivan stated, in Menu K, you set your collective pitch range. Just go in there and set the pitch to what you want, but be sure to skip all the way through all the menus until it exits itself out otherwise your settings will not be saved.

Rowdy

you guys are awesome, and so is this gyro. so far pretty darn easy to mess with. i now have 13* degrees of pitch top and bottom.

Tony

Staff member
NOICE!!!! Glad we could help out. And yes, the BX is a fantastic gyro. I should be receiving a new one in a few days lol. One that I have not had before, but I do own the clone to, but never flown hahaha.

Rowdy

i have one on my 470l but will admit i didnt set it up. now that im starting to get the hang of things im realizing how awesome this gyro really is.

murankar

Staff member
One thing to know about being connected to the heli . 1 set your preferred headspeed and pitch first. Get it feeling close to how you want it. Then go in and set flight style and adjust gains baised on your head speed.

Finally disk loading. The higher the loading the snappier it will be on a given head speed and pitch. The lighter the disk loading the more fluid it will be. The dirty math on it is blade length x 2 / heli weight. If you want the actual equation let me know I'll go get it.

Top Bottom