600 Trex 550L Dominator Telemetry Setup - GPro and TM1000

USAF_Ret

As some of you may know, I just finished building and started my initial flights on my new 550L Dominator. I have been doing some various readings and several folks have found the Talon 90 ESC that comes with the 550L kit a bit lite and have frankly frightened me a bit.

So, I have a TM1000 Telemetry unit and am trying to get the TM1000 and my GPRO bound together so I can monitor the flight pack voltage and ESC temp during my flights but I have not been able to get the two to work together.

I am only using the TM1000 since I have one already, but could be convinced to look at other brands. I did some research and was pretty impressed with the HITEC telemetry gear, but not sure how to make that work and send the data to my DX18. I see Futaba also has some interesting gear as well.

I welcome any thoughts related to the telemetry applications to large helis.

USAF_Ret

Tony

Staff member
Really the only thing you should need to do is connect a wire from the T1000 to the bind port. Once there, push the button and hold it on the TM1000 and plug in the helicopter battery. The lights on the TM1000 and Rx's should flash rapidly. Then just bind as usual. Is this what you are doing?

cml001

U have to bind the sats & the TM1000 together... Hold the TM1000 bind button down as u power up.. Release it as soon as u have the power goin & it's blinking.. Do not continue to hold it thru bind process... Took me forever to figure that on on my N5C... I have iKon.. But I'm sure it's the same for the GPRO.

Top Bottom