600 Trex 550E motor pinion gear mesh?

Bruno

When installing the pinion gear on the motor shaft the grub screw needs to be set on the flat spot of the shaft. I have set this grub screw at eth bottom of the flat spot on the shaft.
Consequently, the pinion gear does not go down as far as pictured in the manual (pic attached).

Any suggestions?

Motor Pinion.jpg

Motor Pinion.jpg

Pinion mesh 1.jpg

Pinion Mesh 2.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Post a picture of your motor installed and the pinion installed so that we can see where it is located.

Derek

It seems to me that if the pinion gear would rub on the motor mount if you were to install the pinion gear just like the picture shows. Based off the pictures that you showed, of your setup, it looks correct to me.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, as long as that pinion is not rubbing anything, it should be fine. You are still above the mark on the pinion where you can't allow the gear to ride. If you are really worried about this, you can always grind the flat spot on the shaft lower. Just stick the motor in a ziplock bag, poke just the shaft through the plastic, and seal the other end. Grab a file or the dremel and go to town (so to speak). Just make sure to make it flat and even with teh other flat spot.

Top Bottom