General Trex 550E DFC PRO New kit with 730MX Brushless Motor(850KV)

totoheat

Hello,Guys

After an almost a year flaying my Trex 550 I badly crash it when I lost sight of it my fault :culpability: I brake Tail Main gear shaft Swashplate DFC Head completely Blades Elevator servo Links you name it

20140223_1238512.jpg

after a close inspection I think it wont be a good option to try to replace parts as cost will reach close to price of a new one so I give the new kit a look and looks good deal it came with the new bigger motor (700 class) I just have few doubts one is regarding batteries I wondering if I will be able to use my 6S 4500 mah am guessing because this kit came with a Talon 90 and the other doubt is if frame wide its same here am not to sure due to diameter size of the new motor as old motor diameter was 45mm and new I think 52mm

I like to know this because of the upgrades I just to have in my old Heli and they survive this crash am guessing if they can fit in this new kit

It would be nice if somebody has this new kit and can guide me on this

Angel

20140223_1238512.jpg

cml001

I'm not sure I understand the ?.. The new motor will not fit the old frame tho from what I've read. I am in the middle of a build w the new pro dfc version.. I have opted not to use the talon tho.. And do not have the new ESC or fbl unit. I'm also using a rx pack.. So I'm still fugu ring out where to mount everything myself. But the motor from ur old kit should work with the new... But if u have the new kit just use the old kit for back ups as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

KDE upgrades? I've got the the a few myself.. The part numbers are the same on there site between the 2 versions.. I think they will work on ur new kit.

murankar

Staff member
If your going to rekit just get the same kit or the new version of your kit. Then once you get it you can sell off all the stuff you dont need to recoup your money. Then during the build just use your upgrades and electrics in the new kit.

Are you looking at a new 550 or are you going to a 600? If this new kit is a 600 then your 6S packs may not be big enough. A 600 will need something like a 12S setup to run. Although I think you can run 8S on a 600.

totoheat

Understood, see what I was worried about was being not able to use the one piece main shaft block from Helioption and the KDE Motor mount but I see now that it can be use on the new kit actually frames are same in inside dimensions the only thing they modify and make them different is the side opening in motor area in both frames that's the only difference so what looks the best idea its getting new kit and use the upgrades I already have and sale the rest

Murankar what am looking its to buy the new 550 DFC kit am guessing my 6S 4500 batteries should work

appreciate your comments I will get back with pictures of build and test video once this bird rise the sky

Angel

totoheat

Hello I just finish my build Trex 550E New kit and most of the upgrades I just to have in my old bird fit in this new version actually its same as old one they just modify the section where motor is fitted what they do is a bigger openings as new motor is 7 mm bigger almost the out side wide of the frame

another thing is that motor wires are to tight to fit inside the frame I mean they came out transversal to frame so you have to bend them against frame but top cover of the motor has openings where wires came out but they are sharp so needs to be carful and grind it until round shape to reduce chance of wire being cut and short circuit happen

IMG-20140410-00062S.jpg

I use the KDE upgrade motor mount but you only able to fit motor with 2 bolts but fits perfect and is very solid

am planning to try it at field tomorrow if wind allow me

this is how looks again

IMG-20140412-00074S.jpg

Will post video of test fly when it happen

IMG-20140410-00062.jpg

IMG-20140410-00062S.jpg

IMG-20140412-00074S.jpg

Top Bottom