General Trex 550E DFC PRO Main gear and AR axial play

totoheat

Hello Guys

Am in troubles again, I went out with my Trex 550 to test new blades and everything was okey but after the 7 battery I notice some uneven wear on the main gear and also motor was hot more then usual so I check the main gear with pinion mesh and was in same way I left it in build process but for some reason now there is axial play on both gears that it wasn't there before cause I check that when I install jesus bolt and please see attached video

it would be good to hear some advices before taking all apart

:thinking:
:help:

Your help will be very much appreciated

[video]http://youtube.be/b14iEI&Wb18[/video]

Main gear wear .jpg

Main gear wear .jpg

cml001

make sure that not only the mess is good between the pinion and main gear, but that the mate of the two is per the manual... how to word this... make sure the main is not too high or low on the pinion.... second... hold the frame with one hand and the head with the other and see if you have push pull play.. up and down play... if you do shim it. hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

main shaft spacer... use either one or both if needed to remove up/down play

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Ok to get proper meshing you will need to find the high spot on the main gear. Then find the low spot. Mark both and adjust mesh to those two spots.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

totoheat

I have set correct mesh when I build it and was not any problem in first 10 fly but suddenly to much axial play appear on both gears but not in the shaft as shaft has non play my concern is why there is axial play only in gears looks like something is loose in between two gears I think but am not sure am using a Helioption one piece shaft block

am going to proceed to dissemble the gears and shaft to see whats going on and post pictures of the gears condition

- - - Updated - - -

Murankar,actually the gear mesh is fine now the issue is why is there to much axial play on both gear MG and AG and I check the main shaft and there is no play its only the gears

Could be the OWB sleeve?

I will take apart the shaft and gears and let you know the results

- - - Updated - - -

Murankar,actually the gear mesh is fine now the issue is why is there to much axial play on both gear MG and AG and I check the main shaft and there is no play its only the gears

Could be the OWB sleeve?

I will take apart the shaft and gears and let you know the results

murankar

Staff member
If you mean up and and down then make sure the motor pinion is secured. If it is then it has to be the main gear moving up and down.

Now if the main gear is secured then it could be warped. If that's not the case then I am out ideas.

pvolcko

During the build you probably cranked the Jesus bolt down when you had everyting "compressed" and lined up right. After a few flights the gear shifted a little bit down due to the jesus bolt and holes lining themselves up into a natural position. You'll probably need to get a set of shims to fill in that gap. Same thing happened to me on my goblin build. Everything was nice a tight axially after the build but after a few flights I noticed the main shaft and gear had developed play. Going to happen, roll with it and shim it.

totoheat

Paul

I finally dissemble the main gear an AG,you are correct there is for some reason a big gap between two gears that is causing this axial play but am sure it wasn't there before

I install the main shaft and OWB sleeve to check if there play to shim it too but there is non play not even little and Jesus bolt go in easy but not loose so the problem is between the 2 gears am going to machine a shim to adjust by hand the gap until non axial play maybe the OWB slip in main gear and cause the axial play any way I will comeback with result

Thanks

totoheat

Paul

I have measured the gap between two gears and was 0.008" so I decide to fabricate a spacer 0.18+.80 = .98mm thk to use only one so I machine the spacer and finish it by hand until it fit perfectly so problem solve now there is no more axial play in gears or Shaft everything is smooth just waiting for a chance to test on field many thanks for your advices as well for the guys who interested this tread your help very much appreciated see you guys later with test result and respective video

:thumbsup:
:biglaugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Murankar

Problem solve was the .80 mm spacer between gears I put a thicker one,thanks for your advices

murankar

Staff member
Lucky you could solve the problem. I wish I had the ability. Once that wears in check you play again. That spacer is going to wear in.

pvolcko

Cool. Yeah, I wish I had the tools and knowhow to fabricate stuff like that too. Always wanted to learn milling, lathe, etc.

Top Bottom