600 Trex 550E & BX sattelite & antenna placement?

Bruno

So, with the AR7200BX there is a built in satellite and is running the additional satellite sufficient? Also, which BX wire is the antenna wire the longer one or shorter one? Also, does the antenna wire ideally have to be exposed? The longer wire on the BX is quite long and would be vulnerable if exposed. Whatayathnk?

Derek

Hey buddy, I noticed that you posted this same question in another section. I think Tony is going to request that you not post duplicate threads. Just be aware of what sections you are posting in, per forum rules.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for posting that Derek. He is correct, please ONLY post 1 thread per question in the appropriate section. A Rx question shouldn't be posted in the ESC section. If you posted there by accident, then make a reply asking for it to be moved to the proper section. we will be more than happy to move it for you. We are only human after all.

As for your question, they are both antennas, the longer one is made to be curved around and point in a perpendicular direction to the short one. If I had my 600 here with me, I could post a picture. Maybe tomorrow. The AR7200BX doesn't come with a satellite, but does have a port where you can plug a satellite into it. If you are running a 500 heli or larger, then you really need to be running an extra satellite rx just to keep from losing signal.

Bruno

Yea, I goofed with the post in ESC. Will post a removal request in future.
Regarding the BX.....is it ok to turn the longer wire inside the carbon fiber frame? Otherwise, I would have to fasten it to the outside and avoid r it getting damaged.

Tony

Staff member
I guess you can, but it's not ideal to put it inside the frame. CF is conductive and does actually block the signal. I would try to keep it on the outside. Whatever side you put the long antenna on, put your satellite on the other side. This will give you the best bet to NOT lose signal. And with a 550, that could be very dangerous. On my 600, I have taken every precaution that I possibly can to keep from losing signal.

Bruno

I guess you can, but it's not ideal to put it inside the frame. CF is conductive and does actually block the signal. I would try to keep it on the outside. Whatever side you put the long antenna on, put your satellite on the other side. This will give you the best bet to NOT lose signal. And with a 550, that could be very dangerous. On my 600, I have taken every precaution that I possibly can to keep from losing signal.

Will do. Just not sure how to affix the BX long antenna wire to outside of frame. Could I use a couple of dabs of CA (wire to frame)? I guess I could heat shrink the antenna wire to protect it then use the CA??

Derek

There should be several holes in the carbon fiber frame. I'd use small zipties to strap the wires down. It just makes it easier to mount and remove, when desired.

Top Bottom