Spektrum Trex 550 E DFC V3 Electronics Help

Bruno

NOT SURE IF THIS THREAD MORE APPROPRIATE HERE OR IN 600 CATEGORY?

New build with the AR7200BX & satellite, Castle BEC PRO, Talon 90 ESC & Stock servos.

I am personally a bit anxious to connect the electronics and configure their communication. I do not have experience with the BeastX although I have read it is easy to initialize.

I have used the 3GX. I did not notice at first glance that the BX has a button/light type of setup like the 3GX. I have not used a BEC either but that seems straight forward as well.

I was encouraged to use the Castle BEC due to the Talons history with integrated BEC failure.

I must admit I have yet to look at either manual for the BX and BEC.

Any words of support, encouragement and suggestions/recommendations are welcome.

I have successfully built two Trex 450s with either the 3GX, GP790 & AR6210 RECEIVER.
I am using the DX6i with all my birds (5) including the 550.

I consider myself a newbie and do simple sport flying with a burning aspiration for more aggressive and 3D flight.

I do practice on the Phoenix Sim.

Last edited:

Bruno

I know I am possibly being conservative with using the external BEC. I did read other posts with similar recommendations. Seems there are different amp BECs for specific uses. I am Nieve at this point as to what this means. That is, 5.5 volts or 6 volt use. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to their preference. :dontknow

I have disconnected the red ESC wire. I like the suggestion about using an extension with the red wire removed but I don't have an extension at this time.

I installed a ferrite ring on the ESC/RX leads. Seems some use this conservative measure.

Once I am thoroughly:confused: familiar with the BX initialization & setup after reading the manual. I think I am going to bind my dx6i to the bx and connect the electronics on the bench today and at last confirm the communication between electronics/servos. According to the forum posts, the bx manual and set up is straight forward. I apologize for this lengthy dialogue but this is the one part of the build that sparks some fear in me so I wanna move slow and careful.

I welcome any and all experience and knowledge based suggestions. Thanks.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have recently built a 550 my self. With the same setup your talking about. AR7200BX /w satellite and Talon 90. All I can say is I built mine stock and I have 11 flights and it fly's great. Your gonna love it. I thought about a external RX pack but the Talon has a good track record from what I have heard from other friends. In regards to setup of the AR7200, there are some fantastic videos on YouTube that go though step by step.....
Tony G

Top Bottom