General TRex 500E - Pitch and throttle curves - 3GX FBL

Flymick

I have seen a few posts where it is recommended that you start with a 45, 47.5, 50, 75, 100 pitch curve. In my setup, I then get -0.7 degrees pitch at low stick thro to 0 degrees at mid and 10 degrees at high. Surely I would need around -2 degrees at low to help bring her down if needed ?

The throttle curve is left as a linear curve from 0 to 100 - is this correct ?

Flymick

Yes, I do when setting up the head, but I then set the pitch curve for flight according to the recommended settings and get these readings.

Flymick

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out.

I see that you have a Goblin 700 and aTRex 700E. Which is the better heli for scale type flight and mild aerobatics ? I am keen to try the Goblin, but get the impression that it is a 3D machine and not really suited to stooping around. I'd appreciate your input. Ultimately, I suppose, I'll have scale bodies on.

murankar

Staff member
Scale would be the Align. There are more kits available for aligns. As for mild aerobatics, either will work.

Rc aerodyne has a great scale lineup.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

As pvlocko has said 40-45-50-75-100 for pitch but not linear for throttle use something like 0-40-75-75-75 for normal flight mode

pvolcko

Yeah, trex 700 for scale. It's quite capable of 3d,but there are a lot of scale body kits available for them. Goblin is a great heli but it is a waste for scale purposes.

murankar

Staff member
I don't think a goblin can be put into a scale body. Now if your looking for just doing scale flights then either can do it, just go into rate mode and start doing slow fluid flights. Your turns wont be as banked and the tail needs to follow the nose.

Scale flight is an art form, needs lots of practice.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

I can't say I've ever seen a Goblin based scale build before. The servo setup is all wrong for a typical helicopter base. The hollow boom sans-supports opens up some interesting options, perhaps on a commanche style build? Dunno.

Top Bottom