500 Trex 500 pro dfc and the 3gx thats works on 5.0

holtneil

Hi Guys well I got my second Trex 500 pro dfc with the 3 gx and upgraded lynx main bearings and blocks , OMG this is different again to my last with would only work on 3.2 then after 3 months started to play up ,Well the new one is running 5.0 and is so super stable , there is a very tiny wag on the tail but thats all i am so pleased Align got this version working well here are some pictures

DSCN1589.jpg

DSCN1592.jpg

DSCN1588.jpg

DSCN1593.jpg

trainrider06

Looks good, I have never even considered the 3GX since all the bad press on em...guess they got something figured out on em.

holtneil

Hi mate I did have loads of problems on mine other one I put v5.0 and had a tail kick of about an inch every flight but you never knew when it was going to do it , I had to drop down to 3.2 the kick went , but this one is spot on ,I do like the 3GX its so easy to set up

Derek

I have the 3gx on my 450 pro and it's very very solid with v5.0. Once I get another Ikon, this 3gx will be donated to someone else. I'd just rather have all the same gyros and I definitely prefer the Ikon.

Tony

Staff member
Right on, glad it's working out for you. the two that I have here hated 5, but some love it. Now, all we need is some video!!! :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
Dude, those are some great looking helicopters.

One suggestion, have you thought about getting some scale blades for that scale helicopter? Man, some scale blades would set that thing off perfectly!!! I believe Rc Aerodyne has them for just about every model. I have never dealt with them personally, but they have been around long enough for me to trust they will do you right. And they mostly deal in scale models, if you hadn't heard of them before that is.

holtneil

Hi mate Yes I will sort the file for you the throttle is on a 3 point ,pitch is on a 5 point , I will do the file for the transmitter Do you need one for the 3gx as I cant copy file would have you give you setting in a message
The blades on the Cobra are spin blades I will paint them black in the summer , I did look at scale blades but these were recommended to me by a guy who has about 15 scale helis ,they do give a lot of lift at low head speeds
Can you give me your email address please I cant get this SPM to attach to the thread

Top Bottom