500 Trex 500 conversion to flybarless

stokke

Derek

There is a difference between blades? LOL, I didn't know that.

I appreciate the link, stokke...thanks for that.

What is the BeastX and 3G systems that I hear people talking about? Do I need them for a flybarless setup?

stokke

Yes. There are many brands to choose from. There are three well known brands: Align 3GX, microbeast BeastX, Vbar.

Align 3GX is used a lot because it's included in most Align birds. BeastX is used a lot because it's very simple to set up. Vbar is the preferred system for pilots who wants to adjust EVERYTHING.

I have no experience with Vbar myself.

I have 3GX on my 450, and Beast on my 600. I would recommend the Beast: MicroBeast BeastX BXM7600 3-Axis Flybarless Gyro [BXM76000] - USD 198.00 : Flying-Hobby.com, Have a nice flying experience everyday!

Lee

I 100% agree. BeastX is the best for you. Its super easy to set up. Just follow the instructions to have a perfectly set up heli. Get the AR7200BX unit. Its an all in one Reciever and beasts FBL unit. Spektrum Receivers

Tony

Staff member
I would upgrade the whole head including the swash if you have the coinage. The link above is just the head block, links and grip arms if I remember right. Doesn't include the blade grips from what I read. I know the full kit for my 600 is about $140. So I'm guessing about a bill for your heli. And the difference in the blades is where the CoG is located. FBL is farther out than it is on standard blades. Both will still fly decent though.

stokke

The link I posted is for the entire head. I searched for a 500 DFC swash, couldn't find it (at least not on that site).

Tony

Staff member
Cool. I didn't see the grips but may have missed it. Going on very little sleep lmao. As usual.

Derek

I appreciate the help from all of ya's. You've given me more "food for thought."

Derek

Ok, I think I understand this a bit more. I've heard alot of good things about the BeastX, so I am really thinking that this is what I want. Then Lee says to get the AR7200BX. Ok...so I got looking at the prices and the BeastX is $200 and the AR7200 is $239. Ummm...that's a total of $439.

But then I started doing the "reading" part....I then realized that the BeastX would not be needed because the AR7200 is the Flybarless Control System Receiver. Am I understanding that right?

Also...the AR7200 is a 7 channel system. I only have a DX6i (for now, lol). I thought I would "NEED" a higher channel Tx. There is so much to learn, lol.

murankar

Staff member
I believe it should work if you have dsmx on the radio. But then again I might be mixing that up with 3gx.

Derek

Well....i'm just trying to learn my options here....so I am definitely all "mixed" up, lol

callsign4223

Staff member
You are talking about 3 different pieces of equipment with the receiver.
The beast X
The ar7200
And the ar7200bx

The ar7200bx is a regular ar7200 with an embedded beastX module. If you get the ar7200bx you won't need to buy a separate beastX module. If you get the regular ar7200 you will need to buy the additional beastX module.

Also, you can use a 7 or 8 channel rx with a 6 channel tx, you just won't be able to use the aux2 or aux3 ports on the rx.

Derek

lol....figures! Thanks for clearing that up, Matt!!!

So...what it comes down to is that I buy the AR7200bx for $239 and I am all set (with the exception of the FBL head, of course).

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
7200BX ( Or the BeastX) are very easy in setup. Here Stokke has done a detailed setup on it. Ron Lund has done some videos too..

I have setup about 6 of them myself.. for me and friends.. Its EASY PEASY! :)

Derek

Awesome!

It's gonna be a while before I can get these upgrades, but I do want them before March.

Top Bottom