Scale Trex 500 Cobra is finished

holtneil

Hi guys well its all done apart from painting head and main/tail blades , full spec is
Hyperion 1000kv motor
162 main gear from the older trex pro
17T pinion
Castle Talon 90 amp ESC running governor mode set at 1900
435mm spin blade on head
73mm spin blades on tail
3mm Navigation lights
3000mah 6 cell gives me 8 mins hover and loads of battery left , I will see what it does in forward flight when the weather gets better , but she sounds nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXaAmQXSvdw

Last edited:

Admiral

Well done Neil, head speed where you want it and no tail wag, I think I would have to remove that small tree in your yard they always seem to attract my helicopters.

holtneil

Hi guys that tree is the wifes , I have chopped a foot off the top with my 700mm quad lol ,I did say to here no airfield had a tree on its run way , I cant repeat what she said I would Get banned LOL Shes a good girl she got me the 500 and cobra body , and now I have her flying quads

holtneil

Thanks Bill , I am sure it will turn out better , just take your time and get it right , If you want to do Navigation lights use 3mm on the 500 size heli , most come as 5mm so your need to buy 3 mm leds just use there program box to run them

Last edited:

holtneil

Hi sludge I am using the Kbar blue koala, its the clone of the Vbar even the Vbar software is used to set up, its very easy to set up and tune , super stable even on take off head speed it can sit on the ground and NOT try and tip the heli over , so If your looking for a cheap easy to set up really nice gyro then this is the baby to get

Top Bottom