Projects Trex 470LM - Cyclic servos too tight and too close to the main shaft?

mooserider

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted here. Recently bought a new Trex 470lm kit, along with the specific DS450M Align servos the instructions suggest for cyclic. This is only my second larger heli build (first was a Trex 450), but the servos seem ridiculously tight. Specifically, the servo wire (and the rubber grommet where it leaves the servo) is smashed up against the bottom of the main shaft bearing block. So much so if feels dangerous to try to fly it like that (it's constantly being 'pinched' against the block and seems like it might fray or something over time. The servo wire is also so close to the main shaft it could be rubbing on it if it comes even slightly loose or stretched.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just doing it wrong somehow? I've included some pictures of the same servo installed, from three different angles (it's hard to get a good veiw, that area is so compact/tight). I'm a little stumped as to what to do and stuck on the build at this point. Would really appreciate any advice.

The 450 didn't have this issue, as the servos were located a little differently.

Thanks!

1628648407263.png
1628648332903.png1628648364189.png

Smoggie

What you show there is normal for the 470L, it doesn't cause any problems. Just make sure to zip tie the servo wires so that they cant move around and rub on the shaft.

Top Bottom