450 Trex 470L Receiver Set Up

Harford

I am in the final stages of assembling a Trex 470 LM. I will use a Spirit 2 FBL unit and intended to use a single Spektrum SPM9645 satellite receiver.
Is this sufficient please ? - it is just that I have seen some examples on the internet where a full receiver plus satellite are used.

Many thanks

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good luck with the rest of the built Harford. I don't have the sprit 2 FBL but I do use one satellite receiver with my Beast X mounted on 450. I haven't lost connection or brown out...yet! I imagine 600 and up, I would have two RX. Just to be on the safe side. Just my :2c:

Harford

Thank you D.O.G.. I also have a 450 with BeastX using one satellite receiver. The standard advice appears to be that with a 500 up size heli , you should move to a Rx plus satellite or two satellites. I will stay with one satellite, given with my close by flying style I am unlikely to lose connection.

Blade93

I also have a 450 with BeastX using one satellite receiver. (quote from Harford)

Hi, could you please tell me which satellite receiver you are using? I'm about to build a 470LP kit which I know comes with a BeastX so will need a suitable receiver (to work with the beastx and my DSM2 Spektrum DX6i transmitter). Hope you (or anyone else can help). Thank you

Tony

Staff member
I also have a 450 with BeastX using one satellite receiver. (quote from Harford)
Just an FYI, you can click on the "+Quote" button on the bottom right, or even the "Reply" button (couldn't copy that arrow lol), and it will quote messages like you see in this post from your post.

As for satellite for the BeastX, you will need to use an adapter. This adapter has a 3.3v regulator built into the satellite port end so you don't over volt the satellite receiver.

Please note, the link below is from Amazon, however you can absolutely find these adapters cheaper. Hope this post helps.

Harford

I use a SPM9645 satellite on both a 470LM and 450L. The 450L was a kit which came with the BeastX (SuperCombo), I will course defer to Tony's post above but I have found the required connection cable included and have not purchased anything additional.

Top Bottom