450 Trex 450X help and advise needed

Eric Goh

Good Day
its been 2years since i fly my Trex 450X , recently i've took our from my store and also order all the parts to replace as most of the bearing rusted and pitch rod broken during storage.
I understand from local hobby store this model have stop selling but spare still can use 450XL or upgrade to a 450 pro, i personnally don't wish this model to die off as it's my 1st set of RC heli.

Can anyone here advise me on how to servo installation,pitch setting and setting for my turnigy 9X and turnigy ESC 30 .

:):):)

DAL2855

Banned
I could put together a file with all my settings for the Turnigy 9x but mine are for a FBL version 450 DFC Pro. But they should get you pretty close!

murankar

Staff member
Let's see what I remember

Throttle:
Normal 0, 40, 70, 70, 70
Id 1 75, 75, 75, 75, 75
Id 2 80, 80, 80, 80, 80

Pitch:
Normal 45, 47.5, 50, 75, 100
Id 1 & 2 0, 25, 50, 75, 100

Throttle hold 0%
Then Dr and expo need set.

Low d/r 75 expo 25
High d/r 100 Expo 25
Rudder d/r 100 Expo 0. ( this is the same for both high and low)

Swash AFR is the menu option for setting pitch. Set your timer for about four and a half minutes.

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
You always want to set the Throttle Hold for a negative number between -2 and -5% just to be safe that the motor will not start up when you have the TH engaged.

- - - Updated - - -

Eric, what kind of bird is this? Is it a flybarred heli or flybarless? If it's flybarred, then my settings won't work but I can give you a rough estimate on your settings as I've setup FB heli's on my radio so I know roughly what the settings should be.

Tony

Staff member
If they are like the Spektrum Tx, you can't set a negative number in TH. There is no need anyway. 0 throttle is 0 throttle. As long as you don't hit the trim tab, you will be fine.

murankar

Staff member
+1 on Tony's comment. Also what I have posted is what I had in my th9x for my Protos mini. They are great starting points. As for swash AFR, I did not post any numbers because this will vary on your kit, servos and linkages. Once the servos are centered (may need sub-trim to do this) installed and kit built get your swash working right then do your setup. Once that's all done video the maiden and post on here. If not tony might have some choice words, lol.

Also my expo numbers might be to low for you. Be aware you may need to go up or down on those numbers. Set it to what feels right to you.

Top Bottom