450 Trex 450 WOBBLES

Had a rough landing and replaced main shaft, boom and main gear. All else seem perfect. Problem is I now have a horrible shake at any rpm ABOVE hovering. Rock solid hovering and turning while hovering but as soon as I give a bit more throttle the wobbles begin and I'm not talking about tail wag. This is a nose to tail wobble. My heli is the a Trex 450 Pro 3GX FBL

Tony

Staff member
You didn't mention replacing or checking your feathering shaft. Watch the video below and check yours. Even the slightest bend in that shaft will cause massive vibrations.

Last edited:
I tested the feathering shaft and it was good. Went out and decided to play with the settings (dials) on the 3GS unit itself and glad i did. ;) I first turned the ELEV dial to the right and things got worse. Turned it slighty left (45%) and it got a little better Turned it half way to the left (25%) and it was MUCH better but still just a slight wag now. I went to the other dial and turned it left to 30% and bingo! I now have a VERY stable Heli and it even hold with HARD throttle! Dont know what I just did but it sure worked lol

Tony

Staff member
If this is on the 3GX, you adjusted your cyclic gains. right is more, left is less.

Top Bottom