450 trex 450 sport tail boom

Keith

You should be able to tension it by just sliding the boom back before you tighten the boom block...

They may have put the wrong belt in your kit..I had the wrong boom support rods in mine, they were almost as long as the boom. Probably for a 500 or 600...

bmw112482

What its doin is when I pull the boom back to tighten the belt the boom comes back just enough to were the slot in the side of the boom to keep it from turning comes off the slot in the frame which allows the boom to turn

Tony

Staff member
Wow, that is a lot of play in the belt. I can suggest two things. One that I would do, and one that you can try, but may end up in a crash. The first, is to order a new tail boom and belt for your helicotper. That way you know that you have the correct parts. they are pretty bad on quality control over in HK, so it wouldn't actualy surprise me if they put the wrong one in your kit. the second option is to swap a piece of electrical tape around the end of the boom that goes into the block. You will have to spread the block pretty far to get it in there. Then, just line up the tail so the tail blades are vertical and tighten down the boom. Like I said, this could end up in a crash cause there is not that much boom in the block to hold it.

bmw112482

I have another tail boom i'll try it and that belt is a brand new align belt

And its not a clone

I would think align would have better QC

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ohhh goodness. wouldnt expect align to have bad quality control... but well.. lets c.. did u try the new boom? did it work?

Tony

Staff member
yeah, I would think that Align would have everything correct. have you checked yoru new belt to your old belt? And the same for the boom?

bmw112482

I put the old tail boom up to the new one and it is exactly the same but i threw the old belt away before I new i had this problem

So I think im going to order a new belt and see what happens

I miss spelled knew lol

Tony

Staff member
Please only post one post. If you want to add to it, there is an edit button on the bottom right of your post so that you can add content. it's only there for 24 hours though. Keeps me from having to merge all of the posts. Thanks for understanding.

And, let us know how the belt thing works. I'm not sure if they are different, but make sure you are ordering for your heli or your tail boom. The pro may be different than the V2 and so on. Like I said though, I'm not sure if that's true.

bmw112482

Sorry for the multiple reply thing and thanks for the help. I will definitely let everyone know what the conclusion is .

Top Bottom