General Trex 450 Se V2 Motor Wires

BOKI

Hi ; This is BOKI I bought My Helicopter used from my best friend & the motor wires are real short buried in the frame! If I would have to unplug the motor for safety you can't hardly reach the connections! Can You buy extensions to lengthen the wires to make it easy to disconnect! Also do you have to unplug all the motor wires or is one enough! Trex 450 SE V2 BOKI :lol: :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
To render a brushless motor (3 phase) safe, you must unplug at least 2 of the wires.

You can extend the wires, but I would not suggest trying to extend the motor wires, I would extent the ESC wires instead. This way you can unsolder the entire wire off of the board and replace it with a longer, solid wire. Not something that has been spliced. When you splice a wire, you are adding resistance to the connection.

If you must extend the wires on the motor, then you will have no other choice than to splice the wires. Soldering on new wire onto the winds of the motor is quite difficult and I don't suggest anyone attempt it. Hope this helps.

zenmetsu

If you must extend the wires on the motor, then you will have no other choice than to splice the wires. Soldering on new wire onto the winds of the motor is quite difficult and I don't suggest anyone attempt it.

This is why they tell you to screw with the wires on the ESC and to never shorten the wires on the motor. It is kinda hard to re-extend the motor wires.

BOKI

Hi zenmetsu; Reading your comment & I think I might just leave them alone! A Synergy pilot worked on my helicopter before & he has a newer Trex 450 ! I'm going to have him check out My rebuild & fly it before I do & also have him look at the short wires & see what he thinks! I'm not going to touch them! Sure appreciate you comment! 4:06 PM ILLINOIS TIME BOKI Tuesday! :lol: :twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tony; Don't think I'll touch anything for now & I appreciate you comment right now you can't even get to the motor wires about 1 inch or so long never have unplugged them! Looks like if you did you would need needle nose pliers to get them back together! Thanks for the Motor Safety Comment also! BOKI 4:15PM ILLINOIS TIME TUESDAY THE BEST & FLY SAFE! ;lol: :twothumbsup:

Top Bottom