General Trex 450 SE V2 Main Gear !

BOKI

This is BOKI; when you replace the Main Gear do you have to set it again to 12 tooth stable OR 13 tooth 3D ! ? If you do does anyone know how to do it ! ? PDF don't tell how if you have to do it! :thinkerg: :help:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Main gear or the pinion! ? I couldn't understand the question may be.

Replacing the main gear won't make a difference in your head speed or anything.

Going a higher pinion will. And all that is just removing the set screw on the pinion and pull it out and install a higher pinion. But you don't need it bro. More pinion makes higher head speed more twitchy and over all less torque (higher gear in your car) ;)

Hope i help ...

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

BOKI

Hi coolgabsi; I just put the new Main gear in & I didn't know if i had to readjust anything! Am I understanding you change the brass motor gear if you want to go to 13 tooth 3D ! ? I just put it in and never changed anything! You are great at helping I don't know anything & there is know one around to ask!The only Helicopter guys I know are both 35 miles away & one is an Electrician ! The other is 40 miles away & retired! So I'm understanding leave it the way it is right! :thankyou::twothumbsup: BOKI

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
If you just increased your pinion size you'll need to reset your gear mesh. Also flight time will be decreased a little.

BOKI

Hi murakkar; I never change anything its just put a new main gear on! Learning more about things in the rebuild though! Wish I would have bought a kit a would of learned about everything in a build! :thankyou: :twothumbsup: BOKI

Last edited:

zenmetsu

higher head speed should give you more stability. You will notice increased response, and the helicopter will be "twitchy" but only due to it responding more to stick input. You may need to use less stick input to get the desired reaction.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Replacing a main gear won't change anything and like uri said if you change pinion only then you'll go up on headspeed and you'll have to redo gear mesh :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

BOKI

Hi zenmetsu; Just starting to learn things from you guys since I did My rebuild I have learned alot from everyone! Going to have a Synergy pilot who worked on My helicopter before to check it out & fly it for me to see if everything is OK! I'll ask him about the pinion & see what he thinks1 Appreciate all your comments & help! :thankyou: :twothumbsup: BOKI

murankar

Staff member
Then you should be fine with the new main gear. I think you can only buy a 150t for that anyways.

BOKI

HI murankar; The synergy guy I know has a newer model Trex 450 plus a Blade 130x & Nito Synergy & Electric bigger Synergy ! He is an electrician & he set My helicopter & my DX8 up for me with my Trex SE V2! But i crashed it! Everyone there sure has been helping me out & I really appreciate it very much! I have learned so much just in this rebuild! My Wife told me I can't keep wrecking that Helicopter it cost to much!!! But Thanks again for your help & all your comments BOKI :thankyou: :twothumbsup:

Top Bottom