450 Trex 450 Pro's First Flights...

Rob Lancaster

Hi guys!
Hey I finally got to try to fly my new Trex 450 Pro today... That's right, the Trex 450 pro, LOL!
Man this thing is way nicer than my old 450 clone.. She's super stable at the first crack of setting up the head. (thanks Tony!) The digital settings need work but nice so far for sure...

Just one thing though..
Why does a fully charged battery cut off at only 2 minutes? The voltage level is 3.8 volts? The cut off voltage is set for 3.7 volts and it only goes 2 minutes, why is that guys?? My 4 batteries only have 40-- 6 minute flights on them...
My 4 battery packs are Glacier 30C 2200 3s packs... I love them... But can't understand why the flight time is so short now on this chopper?

Again thanks for your all your input for sure! I'm almost there; again...………

Smoggie

3.7v is far too high. When you pull current from the battery the voltage ‘sags’ so cutoff voltage has to reflect this. Set the ESC cut to no higher than 3.3v and use the ‘soft’ cutoff so you don’t lose all power if you do hit the cutoff.

use a timer, don’t fly to the cutoff

Rob Lancaster

Ok will do...
Thanks...…….
I'll let you know soon. The weather is supposed to be on the calm side so I want to dial this babee in...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Those Glacier batteries are wonderful. I get 6 minutes flight time on my 450 DFC if goofing around. 5 minutes if I decide to flips,rolls and so on. Same for my 500. I get 4 minutes out of my Gaui X3 and that's because of the Xnova motor I have on it.

Rob Lancaster

Ok guys 2 more flights today..
But first I reset the cut-off voltage to 3.3v... Now I'm getting 5.5 minutes of flight time, instead of 2 minutes.. I set my timing to 5 degrees. The motor does get hot but I can get a 2 or 3 second touch before I can't handle...

Does anyone know what the normal operating temperature is for a 35k motor? I have one of those laser thermometers..

Next I readjusted the pitch and throttle curves and lowered the swash's pitch setting from + 95 to +75... Now I like what I'm getting, she flies great!

Hey D.O.G., as soon as the quarantine has passed I'll get together with one of my other brothers that has a decent camera, and show you guys my local airfield here on Oahu... Of course, I'll bring along li'll Rex here... I want to do some rolls and flips like with the simulator... But only if I can stop shaking...……………..

Top Bottom