450 trex 450 pro tail boom case

baylis

hello all, I brought a used trex 450 pro of ebay, I eventually got it flying, it flew lovely until I hit the fence, ( I don't know who put the fence there lol :banghead: ), anyway upon inspection the tail boom case was all loose, tried to tighten the screws up but to no avail, my question is can I swop the plastic tail case for the metal tail case one, this one VWINRC 450 PRO METAL TAIL BOOM CASE ?, sorry my heli is a belt drive, your help much appreciated.

Admiral

Not sure if that is for belt drive tail but probably is, I would look at one with HEX posts though, the problem with that one is the round posts the that go through the middle, you will have problems getting it apart to change booms specially if you use Loctite as you should .

baylis

thank you admiral for your reply, well spotted , looks like sticking with the plastic one then,

murankar

Staff member
I don't think there is a metal version of that block. Even if there is the cost would not be affordable in the long run. Another issue with metal for that part would be weight.

You'll be better off just replacing it with a stock plastic case. If it were mine I would buy enough parts to build a second boom assembly. That way if I do crash it's an easy swap out. Then replace the parts as needed on the bad one.

baylis

hi murankar, good idea mate, at the moment I have a spare boom , tail assemble, only need a few bits & bobs, I thought the metal boom block would be a nice bit of bling for the heli, ill take your advise & stick with the plastic one, ps just order two, your help much appreciated.

Top Bottom