450 TREX 450 PRO DFC Tail drift

Westy

LEGEND
I would guess at not quite enough gain .... what happens when you snap the tail left ... and back and then right and back.... does it snap to hold its orientation?

Joseph Orr

Anymore gain and it starts to wag, it will hold it's position if I snap it left and right, I went ahead and installed a new tail servo, DS525M, haven't taken it out yet, will let you know how it goes, thanks.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
My pleasure. Let me know. Video or it didn't happen :chuckles:

True that...Funny when ever I am at the field flying and doing what ever, I try and not mention it here cause I don't have the VID..LMAO Dammmmmm you TONY! that saying stuck in my tiny brain and I find my self telling others that.

Tony

Staff member
I don't think there will be much difference going from a 520 to a 525. They are about the same. Unless there was something bad wrong with teh 520 that is...

Joseph Orr

new servo since that above video?

you will notice the difference straight away

Yes, just installed the DS525M today, will take it out tomorrow and see if it holds.

I don't think there will be much difference going from a 520 to a 525. They are about the same. Unless there was something bad wrong with teh 520 that is...

From what I've read the DS525M has metal gears and is slightly quicker. The 520 had a fair bit of play, and would sometimes bind even tho it wasn't hitting its end points, my guess is that the motor has had it.

Tony

Staff member
I never check the tail blades. They are so small and so light, that any vibration is over come with the rpm that they are spinning. I think these birds are running 4.5 turns to every 1 turn of the main head. with that said though, you don't want more than .5g difference in weight.

Top Bottom