450 Trex 450 pro dfc 3gx servos in opposite direction

LEORITY

Hello all!!!

I followed the steps of the video 7 (Align 450 Pro V2 3GX Build Guide Part 7 Basic Gyro Setup) and I will try to explain what is going on.

When I do the first step of the Gyro setup (elevator endpoint setup) and press the button again on the 3GX and turn the helicopter to check if the gyro is only on the elevator, I see the pitch and aileron moving, but in opposite directions. When I move forward, the elevator goes down, aileron goes down and pitch goes up.
When I use throttle cut and move throttle forward, same thing, elevator goes up, pitch up and aileron down. I tried to invert the aileron on my DX8 but was even worst.
When assembling the servos, was there a servo assigned for each of them (aileron, pitch and elevator)?

It seems that one of them is inverted.

Please guys I need help to try to sort this out.

Thank you.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for joining up on the forum.

First and foremost, have you went into DIR mode and set up all of the servos that way? If not, that is the first thing you need to do. Turn on the Tx, hold the button on the 3GX and plug the battery in. When you see the lights start flashing from left to right, release the button. This will bypass all of the gyros.

Once in DIR mode, you need to check your servo directions. The front left servo is your pitch (aux 1), the front right is the aileron and the rear is the elevator. When you push up on the right stick (mode 2), your elevator should go up, the other two should go down. If you have two right, or two wrong, then change the ONE that is not like the other two. Even if this makes them go in reverse. Once you have things working with each other, if you have one that is backwards (right stick up, swash goes backwards), then go into the swash mix or swashplate menu and change the value from a positive to a negative or vice versa.

Once you get the servos going in the right direction, then, and only then can you start looking at the gyro correction direction.

Let me know if this helps and if you have done this. I'm about to head home from work, but there are many people on here that will help out with this.

Thanks again for joining up.

BOKI

You sure do a nice job explaining the set up !Tony :twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Leority,Welcome to the site & Happy New Year also! I think you will love the site & all the help you will get also & all the time! Great bunch of guys on here to help! :lol: :twothumbsup:

LEORITY

Hi Tony! Thank you for your prompt response! It is much appreciated.
I did everything you said and worked very fine. Now the servos are moving in the right directions. I used the DX8 menu to invert the aileron and now when I push the throttle forward, all servos move upwards. I needed to adjust the servo rods before start the Gyro adjustment again. Please correct me if I did wrong, I've left the throttle in the lower position, unscrewed and adjusted manually the rods to the horizontal position. After that I've set the gyro for the servos limits with the throttle at half way upwards.
Now, when I turn the heli on, the servo rods are in horizontal, but when I start playing with the throttle up and down, all servos do not go back to their original horizontal position... is that normal?
Also, after set the tail servo through gyro (press set button 2 seconds, etc...) the movement I am doing sideways with the throttle looks too short to reach the tail rotor shaft ends, like, instead of moving all the way down to left or right, I just move the throttle few millimeters and it make reach the end of the shaft. Is there anything I can do about it?
Once again, thank you very much for your/rc-help community support! It is highly appreciated.
Cheers,
Leo.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
Happy New Year for all of us!

Tony

Staff member
When you are setting your servos to 90º to the links, you will want the Tx in either idle up at mid stick, or whatever setting has 50% pitch on a linear curve. That way you will have the same throw each direction.

As for the servos not returning, that is the gyro working. You told the heli to go somewhere by moving the sticks, and it's just sitting there. So it will seem that the servos are getting stuck.

This brings me to my next point, always set your servos up in DIR mode. This will bypass the gyro and provide a direct signal to the servos.

As for the tail slider not moving all the way, this will be done with the endpoints in the gyro. Make sure to NOT add any trim or adjust the travels in the TX. It only messes up the gyro in the long run.

Have a look at stokke's writeup on how to set this up. It's a great read.

Rc-Help - HOW-TO Setup helicopter FBL head - Align 3GX / Spektrum - by Marius S

Ahmad Ismail

Thanks for joining up on the forum.

First and foremost, have you went into DIR mode and set up all of the servos that way? If not, that is the first thing you need to do. Turn on the Tx, hold the button on the 3GX and plug the battery in. When you see the lights start flashing from left to right, release the button. This will bypass all of the gyros.

Once in DIR mode, you need to check your servo directions. The front left servo is your pitch (aux 1), the front right is the aileron and the rear is the elevator. When you push up on the right stick (mode 2), your elevator should go up, the other two should go down. If you have two right, or two wrong, then change the ONE that is not like the other two. Even if this makes them go in reverse. Once you have things working with each other, if you have one that is backwards (right stick up, swash goes backwards), then go into the swash mix or swashplate menu and change the value from a positive to a negative or vice versa.

Once you get the servos going in the right direction, then, and only then can you start looking at the gyro correction direction.

Let me know if this helps and if you have done this. I'm about to head home from work, but there are many people on here that will help out with this.

Thanks again for joining up.
(If you have two right, or two wrong, then change the ONE that is not like the other two)
How to change the one that is not like the other two?

Admiral

On your Transmitter, Go to the Servo Setup, then Select Reverse, Select the servo you need to reverse, then and use the roller to reverse it.

Ahmad Ismail

On your Transmitter, Go to the Servo Setup, then Select Reverse, Select the servo you need to reverse, then and use the roller to reverse it.
Thank you for peplying
I reversed the pitch, it is ok for left stick up ond down the 3 servos are going on the same direction.
But the right stick works wrong directions with right and left
Is there a way to correct it?

Ahmad Ismail

Thank you for peplying
I reversed the pitch, it is ok for left stick up ond down the 3 servos are going on the same direction.
But the right stick works wrong directions with right and left
Is there a way to correct it?
Finally I did it
I had to reverse the Aileron then changed swash mix from negative to positive then changed Pitch Curves upside down.
It took me a long time to solve it, there might be an easier way to do it but anyway it's ok now (up, down, forward, backword, right and left.
Thank you.

Admiral

You did good, working through it yourself is the best way to learn after you have been pointed in the right direction.

Top Bottom