450 Trex 450 Pro 3GX v2 - Rudder centered?

ecruz64

Good evening gents!

Another newbie questions for you pro's. I FINALLY finished building my T 450 and I took it out for a spin this afternoon. OMG I love this thing. One word SMOOTH! Just like everyone else, I was freak'n nervous to lift it off the ground. Anyway, the question is, shouldn't my rudder center itself? I just noticed that when I give it left/right the rudder stays left (or right depending) and doesn't return to center. Is that right? Thanks again to all in the forum, you guys have been a HUGE help in exploring this great hobby!

HAPPY LABOR DAY (for all you Americans out there) and hope you don't have to work!

stokke

If your test was performed while the bird is stationary, then this action is correct. If your test was performed while in air, and the bird continues to spin after letting go of the rudder stick, then something is wrong.

When the bird is stationary on the ground; you give rudder command and the bird expects to rotate (yaw), but it does not and therefore continues to hold right or left depending of what command you gave. It is waiting for the rudder to turn - simple as that ;)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
On heading hold mode that's good.

If you put your gyro in rate mode through the gyro switch on your tx, itll center itself .

You should always fly in heading hold. What that's doing is that it's trying to turn the nose of the heli counteracting what change you did or wind did or the blade torque did.. And it'll stay till gyro sees that happen (heading hold) It won't go back center.

When you setup the heli, you set it up on rate mode so you can setup 90 degrees on the push rod...

All that to say... You are good ;)

Tony

Staff member
I agree with what's stated. HH mode will keep the input until the heli moves to the "Heading" you told it to go to. Until it does, it will keep pitch in the tail blades. One thing I do is I set one of the positions on my gyro switch in Rate mode. This way, when I land or if I had to move the bird before takeoff, I will click it into rate mode then back into HH mode to center the tail blades. Just makes for a smoother takeoff IMO.

Top Bottom