450 trex 450 pitch curves

baylis

hi all, :wave: first post of many, I hope you lot can help me with my trex 450 sport v2 combo kit, just finished building her, been following manual, finless bob & youtube videos, & forums like this one,its took 6 months to put together, ( no rush, plenty of time ) I set all the head up with pitch gauge, first check on blades was 00.1 at mid stick, & 12 at low & high stick, the manual says 9, which is best for a beginner, your help much appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
For now, it would be best to be around 9º to 10º of cyclic pitch. 12 is quite a bit and you need to learn collective management in order to run that much pitch.

baylis

tony, thanks for your reply , I have a dx 9, it may be a silly question but, do I do the settings in the tx or heli ?, I'm a bit confused with that, also can you recommend some curve settings please, thank you in advance.

Tony

Staff member
There will be a menu called Swash Mix. In there you will see 3 different settings, Aileron, Elevator and Pitch. Unlike the servos, Aileron will be your total cyclic movement for the aileron, elevator will be total cyclic for elevator, but pitch is your overall collective movement. So you will just take pitch and lower that number (or move closer to 0 depending if you are above or below 0).

As for a throttle curve, as long as you have a good ESC, I would do 0 75 75 75 75 for a throttle curve. I always run flat curves on my helicopters and to me it seems more stable.

baylis

tony, thank you for your input, ill give it a go on, brilliant forum, ive learnt a lot & still learning.

Top Bottom