Wanted: trex 450 flybar head and main bearing blocks

JEXFIRE

Well, my clone 450 head is showing its age. Need to replace or almost completely rebuild it and might as well replace the main bearing bocks as well. These parts are goin on 3 years old now.

Lee

Shame, I just sold a box load of 450 parts with a new head and loads of main bearing blocks. Maybe if you are going to replace the head, you might want to give flybarless a go?
Good luck

JEXFIRE

Perhaps. I have thought bout it. DFC head and new swash plate (I need one) is bout $80 and a Tarot zyx-s gyro is bout the same. Still weighing the options and overall cost in my head and can't really make up my mind lol figure if I can get a decent align 450 head for a reasonable price I may just do that

JEXFIRE

Very nice! Now is the only difference between the zyx and zyx-s gyro is the satellite receiver support? Does this gyro act as your receiver as well? And I can still use my exsisting main shaft and swash? Lots of questions i know, I've yet to venturing into this strange and exciting world lol

Lee

Yes the S has Sat support so you don't need a separate RX. The head should fit with your original shaft and Swash as my 500 one did. But i'm not 100% sure. Gaba had a Tarot heli so maybe he can answer that.

Ken Jackson

Perhaps. I have thought bout it. DFC head and new swash plate (I need one) is bout $80 and a Tarot zyx-s gyro is bout the same. Still weighing the options and overall cost in my head and can't really make up my mind lol figure if I can get a decent align 450 head for a reasonable price I may just do that

One big advantage of Flybarless is not having the flybar and associated linkages. Lot less to break in a crash. I got real tired trying to get bent flybars out of the head. Lol

I don't know about other flybarless heads but the DFC is stout, it can take a little abuse.

Ken

Top Bottom