FBL Gyro Trex 450 + DX8 + 3GX = What gyro settings

Derek

I have upgraded the firmware on the 3GX to v5.0 and still trying to find that sweet spot that holds the tail solid. I was just looking through the 450 manual for gyro settings. Maybe I missed them, but i didnt see much in the manual for "starting settings."

Does anyone know where I can look for some good starting settings?

Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
Watch my videos for the 3GX. That is a very gentle and easy to fly starting point. Very forgiving. From there, you can start playing with teh settings to suite your flying style.

Derek

I have watched the videos, several times. I don't recall seeing anything about specific "starting point" numbers to enter into the DX8. It's quite possible that I missed them, but I just don't remember seeing them.

Slobberdog

I think Tony was more looking at the Flight parameter settings not the gains Derek,

I run my tail at 45 in the radio, and its crisp there in normal and I have 40 for IU and IU1

what you got yours at, at the moment

Derek

Yeah, I think Tony was referring to the flight parameters, although I did ask about the "tail settings."

On my 450, I have 46 for normal mode, 41 for stunt 1 and 39 for stunt 2. I think I just need to go out and specifically focus on getting the tail gain better. No flying. No flipping. Just take off...play with the tail...land...make an adjustment then try again.

Slobberdog

when I put V5 on mine I had to set the tail up in rate mode and adj the tail push rod until there was no drift, and then adjust the limits so I had full throws, this is contrary to the manual but its what's been working for others, and it worked for me, so make sure yours performs ok in rate mode first,

then the tail should be spot on, your in the ball park for gains as well,

Top Bottom