500 Trex 450 dominater

MADD matz

hi new to setting up a collective pitch heli I have a ar72oo reciever and I'm have trouble setting up the heli . I've watch the video posted on here and when I get to menu e setting up tail servo etc.. I'm getting a red light instead of blue like in vid that's as far as I've gotten with it my servos are as close to 90 degrees as possiable and I haven't leveled swash or checked pitch on blades fiqured I needed to set up reciever first but I'm not sure any help whould be appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
This could be due to the servo either having too much travel, or not enough travel. It's been a while since i set this gyro up so I'm not 100% on the light colors. What tail servo are you using and what hole are you in?

Dennis H

There are a lot of good videos in YouTube covering collective pitch procedures, along with the ones you have watched here.

I still watch YouTube video's as new ones are always coming out, especially on new equipment. Tony has made several great videos for us. That's how I pretty well learned how to set up a helicopter. I don't have many Heli pilots in my area, so a lot has been trial and error.

Keep watching and asking questions, you will learn them. I use to require a lot of help, now I am helping others get started.

Good Luck and take care,
Dennis

MADD matz

I appreciate it guys I've watched the videos I'm trying to due them as i watch them ,tony I'm running the stock servo arm that looks like a star not a horn like the elevator and Aliron. High voltage DS455 alighn servo I move the servo left till it stop then right till it stops with and without linkage attached ....

Tony

Staff member
When you make the first move, lets say to the left (slider right on Align) and you stop, are you holding it there until the light flashes signaling it is ready for the input to the right?

MADD matz

No I move it left all the way and then right and and back to center on transmitter and let it go then it goes red not blue like the video

Tony

Staff member
You have to let it pause and wait for the fast flash before you move to the other side. This way the gyro can store your setting before you move on. Once you do the second direction, again, pause before you do anything and the light will change color and then just hit the button and move on to the next menu. You don't and shouldn't move it back to center.

Tony

Staff member
Let me know how it goes. If you have anymore issues, take a video of what it is doing and post the link in here and I will be able to help a little further.

MADD matz

Ok guys almost finished setting this ar7200 gyro up I'm on the last menu and when the elevator servo travels all the way up and I take my rudder and change it from normal to reverse it still moves the swashplate does not stay still it moves as the heli turns orientation is setup right on gyro and servos are all traveling in the right direction I'm stumped once again ?

Top Bottom