250 Trex 250 Pro DFC carbon tail push rod,

Slobberdog

Been looking into this for a while,

The original tail push rod is 1.3mm wire, that is pretty flexible, and tbh rattles well on the heli,

So I had seen a few people state side have done it already but was having some trouble getting good carbon tube, with a centre hole,

Went to my LHS yesterday and managed to pick up some 3mm OD tube with 1.5mm ID, all I could find on the internet was 3x2 out x in, so I picked that up, as I did not want to cut up my original as I want it as a spare I had to pick up a couple of links, low and behold they had zero 250 links in stock, after searching through their spares I found a couple of blade links for the 200srx that was the same diameter and all thread,

Picked up some epoxy, and home to do the job,

Cut to length and epoxied the ends in, the full thread of the rods will help with bonding I hope,

Original rod was 2.4g and I thought the new rod would top this a little but in the end came in at 2g dead, just tried it and the high pitched buzz from the original is gone and the carbon rod has zero flex, next to fly it, but will have to wait till later for that, :(

image.jpg

image.jpg

trainrider06

Hmm I may have to try that with mine.....I noticed that the tail control link was a lot shorter on the HK250 that I have, (noticed it when I bent mine and ordered an Align 250 control link and it was waay too long) so I head to work the one I had out back straight.....that was a pain!

trainrider06

it will be shorter as its the boom mounted servo, it should be the trex 250 se tail control rod.

Ahhh! Thank you! I gotta do that mod you did though, that looks great, and am sure much much sturdier!
What do you use for the guides? Or did I miss that?

Slobberdog

no guides that's one thing that the tail actually needs not being there, the slightest rub in the guides causes issues with wag,

Top Bottom