General Trex 250 First crash. Now just spins on the ground

dcmjtrex250

I crashed and cracked a main blade and dented my boom. Just to check for other damage I decided to plug in the battery and start it up. I give the heli throttle and it does not lift off the ground at all. The entire heli spins in a circle! The mushroom gear came loose for the 4th time after using gorilla glue. Could it be a stripped main gear? I shouldn't have to adjust gyro settings right? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!! Video link has been posted below

3GX MRS
Align T6 Transmitter

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
there is a gear stripped somewhere. If those are the blades (on the helicopter in this video) that you cracked, please do NOT spool it up again until you replace them. You should also secure that tail support. These things fly with very high head speeds and can cause immense damage if everything is not perfect on them. You really should remove and completely inspect every part of this helicopter. You ask if it's the main gear, and even though we can help out a lot, we can't tell you if the main gear is stripped. Only you can since you have it in your hand.

iceyo

same thing happened to my trex 250.. to me it seems like the shaft that the umbrellagear which connects the main gear and the tail gear is the one that broke on mine ( havent fixed it yet ).. easy way to check this is to hold the main blades while trying to rotate the tail blades.. you shouldnt be able to move them at all ( since it dosent have an auto rotation gear )

Slobberdog

That tail should spin free when the main is slowing down not stop before the main blades, that says there is definitely something wrong with the drive gears for the tail,

And you have to get out of the idea of glueing parts especially gears, if that gear came loose in the air you have an uncontrollable missile that can seriously do some damage, trying it once was a gamble doing it 4 times is just unsafe,

iceyo

i bet that this is the gear that's broken on your heli ( the one to the left in the picture ).. the new one which is laying loose on the left is supposed to be solid , but i bet that the one on yours is broken so that the upper umbrellagear is loose from the lower gear..

tail-gear.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Partnumber is H25G001XXT

tail-gear.jpg

dcmjtrex250

i bet that this is the gear that's broken on your heli ( the one to the left in the picture ).. the new one which is laying loose on the left is supposed to be solid , but i bet that the one on yours is broken so that the upper umbrellagear is loose from the lower gear..

View attachment 9307

- - - Updated - - -

Partnumber is H25G001XXT

Yes you nailed it iceyo. This piece came loose on day one after a landing with the training kit on! I'll be buying the AGNH25G001XX. Hopefully it stronger then the stock gear set. Thanks everyone for the great advice! Looking forward to learning a lot.

Top Bottom