600 Tree 600 with 3gx

Lillyryan

Hi all. I have just set up my 3gx and in dir mode I have 8 degrees of cyclic on elevator and aileron but once out of dir mode I have about 16 degrees on elevator. Is that correct? Sorry new to all this flybarless.

Thanks
Ryan

Sparse

you have to zero out your blades at mid stick with a liner curve 25 50 75 100, set your pitch and the adjust your cyclic. check the pitch curve in your tx cause if its not liner it will throw everything off on you.

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about cyclic only, then it's correct. You are giving the gyro an input, but the helicopter is not moving, so it's going to increase the pitch until it maxes out or moves. I would just make sure you have some expo and DR dialed in and give her a test hover.

Can I ask what version of 3GX you are running?

Lillyryan

hi I am running version v2.1 but I want to update to v5 can I do this straight away or do I have to load earlier versions first?

thanks

Lillyryan

Hello Tony.
I have updated the unit to version 5. I have 8 degrees of cyclic on aileron and full travel on elevator when in normal mode so hope this is right for version 5. 0 degrees at mid stick and +- 12 on max and min pitch. I have noticed the servos are twitching when it is on the bench, is this also normal for v5.

Thanks

Slobberdog

yep its normal for the 3gx, you will get throttle glitches as well probably.

quite unnerving though, one of the many reasons I no longer run an Align gyro.

Slobberdog

the new Vortex Vx1e is a great gyro, easy to set up and works faultlessly

I just put the Vx1n on my 250 DFC and its absolutely immense

Lillyryan

Ok I will have a look at that. Going to try it on the 3gx and see how it behaves in the air. Wish me luck lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lillyryan

Worked out that it is version 5.0 that makes it twitchy. Reverted back to 2.1 put her in the air and she flys great. :)

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, What Kev stated is correct. 5.0 is one of the good ones, but it's more for a pilot like Szabo Jr., not someone that is just starting out to is still green.

2.1 has to be the best all around firmware that just works for the 3GX. 3.1 was okay, but hated the ground. 4 was good on the ground, but had massive tail issues in the air. then 5 has the twitch issues.

Stick with 2.1 until you can afford a better gyro. I'm pretty sure I have made all of the videos I'm going to make on the 3GX just because of all of the issues. Now, I need to find different gyros to play with other than ikon and BX.

Lillyryan

Yeah, What Kev stated is correct. 5.0 is one of the good ones, but it's more for a pilot like Szabo Jr., not someone that is just starting out to is still green.

2.1 has to be the best all around firmware that just works for the 3GX. 3.1 was okay, but hated the ground. 4 was good on the ground, but had massive tail issues in the air. then 5 has the twitch issues.

Stick with 2.1 until you can afford a better gyro. I'm pretty sure I have made all of the videos I'm going to make on the 3GX just because of all of the issues. Now, I need to find different gyros to play with other than ikon and BX.

Yes 2.1 seems great for me at the moment. I couldn't of set it up without the great help of your videos. Been looking at the vx1n but at about £250 it will have to wait because I have spent quite a lot on upgrading to DFC with new servos etc etc. just need to have a play with different flight parameters now. I have really enjoyed setting it up though. I have just been offered a Synergy N5 with a v-bar on it for £450.00. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom