600 TREDX 550E DFC motor/esc placement

Merv49

Building my first heli and I see where the recommended placement of the ESC is but wonder about the short motor leads and the ability to easily unplug the esc if I need to work on the heli. looks like you just plug the ESC in and strap it down. I guess I could just as well loosen the motor and disengage the pinion from the drive gear instead of unplugging the ESC but I was wondering what you guys do. The few local guys here mount the ESC on the side of the frame just about under the main shaft and I was going to go that route but the balance of he heli is way off if I do that. I'd have to add about six ounces to the canopy to get the balance right. I'm sure the heli would be just fine with the added weight but I'd rather not add the weight. Wondering if anyone has pictures of their installation.

Thanks

Merv

Derek

On my Trex 500, I have the esc mounted on the side. Just as you described above. On my 600 Pro DFC, I have the esc mounted on the nose. Here is a picture of where I have my esc.

th.jpg

Now...this is not my helicopter. It was just faster to do a Google Search for a Trex 600 Pro DFC and find a pic that had the same esc placement as mine.

I hope you can figure it out buddy!!!

th.jpg

Merv49

Thanks for the suggestion. I got it figured out now. Going to mount the ESC with the battery lead toward the motor and make extensions for the motor leads which will allow me to unplug the ESC very easily.
Thanks again.

Merv

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Maybe a little late but you should check out the Lynx battery tray. Really nice, my buddy bought one and adds strength the the heli too
Tony

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a little late but you should check out the Lynx battery tray. Really nice, my buddy bought one and adds strength the the heli too
Tony

Merv49

Tony

- - - Updated - - -

Tony

Got it all done. Mounted the esc under the new battery try and also put 2.5 ounces of weight in the nose of the canopy. Balances way better.
Thanks

Top Bottom