Trucks Traxxas T-Maxx & Nitro Rustler

Tony

Staff member
After a long wait, I have finally gotten the first of many videos done on the two trucks. As stated, these trucks will be for sale shortly after the final video, and they will be setup correctly for anyone that wants to get into the nitro world a lot cheaper than buying new.

In the video, I kept calling the Nitro Rustler a Stampede, and I was wrong. So, there are some blank spots in there where I took out that word. This was my oversight. As was calling the Airtronics Throttle servo "Associated" lol.

But, after all of the waiting, here they are. This is just a basic introduction to the trucks, and what I purchased. The next video will be the rebuild of the T-Maxx engine because of the issues you will see in this video. All in all though, the trucks are in great shape, just not taken care of that well. Now that they are with me, they will be getting the FULL spa treatment.

Sit back, grab some :popcorn: and enjoy the video. If you have not done so yet, subscribe to my channel for a LOT more information on setting these trucks up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1jDx5Sn24k

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Trust me, there will be more to come, a LOT more. Just need to get what I have edited, and the rest of the video shot/edited/uploaded...

Tony

Staff member
I have spent all day tearing the Maxx apart, cleaning everything, rebuilding the shocks, diff's, looking at the trans, and putting it all back together. Now, for some stupid reason, it won't start lmao. Has to be a carb issue, it's the only thing I have touched on teh whole engine. Getting ready to pull the engine again and see if I can find anything wrong with the carb. And yes, I shot lots of video. Over 20GB worth... It will be coming next week.

Tony

Staff member
Glow plug was the first thing I checked. Just went out and took the carb all the way apart, didn't find any dirt in any of the needles, but it's still running lean, even though it's blowing out smoke. This tells me one thing, I have an air leak somewhere. It's either the rear cover, front bearing, or around the carb. I will have to take the engine out next week and change out the bearings, and seal up the rear cover. I know the carb is good. But, there is a puddle of fuel on my nice clean chassis, so the front bearing is definately gone.

What I think it's doing is loading up, and when it finally fires, it's sucking in a massive amount of air through the front bearing taking it from pig rich, to hella lean in no time flat. Ah well, the wonderful things you have to put up with when you get a damn good deal on ebay lol. It was only $7 for the block, so I'm not complaining.

I did take that crap 1500mah nicd for the starter and replaced it with an 1100mah lipo, and the lipo lasted twice as long lmao. Got me to where I am now anyway. Man, next week is going to be worse than this week. have to change the rear end in my car, tear the engine apart on the Maxx, and play with my new Tx. Yeah, good times.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You said in the video that the front bearing was bad. Hell if you want some more to do hop a plane and come over and do my brakes! I'll let you fly the 600! lol

Tony

Staff member
You mean "crash" the 600? hahaha. That is about all I have been doing lately, even in the sim with a helicopter. I need to just suck it up and order this Tarot and get back in the air with a rotory wing. It's not like I won't have a Tx for it hahaha.

And yes, in the ad on ebay, the guy stated the front bearing leaked. I just didn't think it would be this bad, and it's bad! I mean a puddle under the engine bad. Worst case scenario, I will have to order new bearings for the front of the engine. Not a big deal if you ask me. Just all part of buying used. It's kind of like buying knockoffs like HK, EXI, or Tarot lmao. Man I want that Tarot...

Tony

Staff member
I'm running 40wt in my Maxx. The reason I am, is so the shocks respond slower, and it absorbs landings much better. See if they have a set of shock towers to lower that truck down a little bit and get some better springs if you can.

the shock oil I'm running is Losi and it's kind of purple in color. All my shocks are rebuilt, and I like it a lot more even though have not been able to drive it yet lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Went by the LHS today to pick up some things for the Rustler. Should have both trucks up and running this week like they are brand new. Both trucks are for sale, if you are interested, PM me for details. The Maxx has been setup and is ready to go less the rear body mount. Just means there is not a place to put the EZ-Start plug. Everything else is perfect on this truck. The rustler is fixing to get a new rear shock tower and servo case. Both trucks are getting new glow plugs. This will make a couple families very happy here soon!

Top Bottom