General travel adjust

jmerl

I basically understand how d/r and expo works, I recieved info on lower the travel adjust to setting to calm the heli down. Can someone please explain what travel adjust does in relations to d/r and expo. I'm new and confused and want to know every bit of info I can get.

Tony

Staff member
Travel adjust is going to adjust your overall travel. Meaning, if you have 100% DR, travel adjust will be your max. So if you have 70% on your travel adjust, then you lower it again with DR another 20, you will effectively only have 50% of your travel that you had when you started. Hope that makes sense.

Derek

Yeah, I don't mess with the travel adjustments on my helicopters. To tame down the helicopter, I think it's much simpler to just use the dual rates. I do use the travel adjustments on some of my scratch built planes so that I can go beyond 100% travel.

danhampson

The only time I've used travel adjust is to ensure that the swash is level at full pos and neg throws, as sometimes it can be level at mid stick but when at full throws one servo may be a fraction higher/lower that the other two making the swash unlevel at full travel. So I correct this with travel adjust.

jmerl

Yes I believe I understand now, travel adj. Sets the overall margin of travel....set at 50% and then you set d/r at 80% it is only 80% of the 50% set by the travel adj. Correct?

Top Bottom