Quad Transmitting issue

Krivera

Hi I am new to the hobby and have recently build my first quad.

I am using a kk2 mini as my fc and I am using a fs t6 controller. After powering it up one day a bit of smoke started coming from my cheap pdb so I quickly shut it down. The battery cables had burnt off and the bottom of the fc was a little blackened but it seemed to still work fine. I ordered a new pdb and also a better antenna to improve the range of my transmitter. Once they came in I installed the pdb and soldered in the new antenna just like the mod video for the fs t6 explains.

Here is my issue.
The fc shows that 3 channels have no signal and the other three are all over the place and constantly changing. I tried reattaching the old antenna, and even bought another receiver but I've had no luck.

I don't know if the fc could be fried or something is wrong with the tx. I really want to avoid buying another transmitter. However, I noticed that on the main board of the fs t6 there seems to be a missing resistor R8. Not sure how that could have happened, or if it was even there before, as it was working perfectly fine before.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Admiral

Hi Krivera, welcome to the forum, I have found, if in doubt chuck it out.
A new KK2 board is not as expensive as a new Tx, so replace it and see if that fixes the issue if it does you know it was the KK2, if not you have a spare KK2 for your next build and then look at your Tx.

Krivera

I do have a cc3d fc laying around so I will give that one a shot. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I think what caused the issue with the smoke was a combination of my inexperience with soldering and the positive and negative pads on the distribution board being very close to each other.

Top Bottom