Other Transmitters and receivers?

I know some guys are in more areas of the hobby then just Arial. Has anyone run a flysky system? Does anyone know what receiver/ transmitters run short/non existent receiver antennas I'm doing a nasty little boat build thanks to Tony's push for brushless I'm going to need something very low profile with a pretty long distant range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murankar

Staff member
This is going to depend on the budget. FrSky would probably be the best option for range. It seems that a lot of long rang guys are using this system. Down side is that they do not have anything as compact as a Specktrum satellite RX.

Will Specktrum work for range? Not sure how far you want to go. It should get .5 miles easy. One issue you will need to research, Specktrum long rang on water.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Okay I just realized something, you are building a small boat and want long range, correct?

If so whats long range to you and his far out are you planning to go? LOS is going to limit how far you can go. Are you planning on FPV with this? I would not recommend FPV on a boat unless your experienced at navigating water and the use of fpv gear.

Not fpv with this build range approx 5-700yrds I plan on having a multi channel for a couple of my vehicles the boats being one

Murankar at some point fpv and gps maybe put in the boats but not until I get them in the lake and figure out the flaws /get acquainted with a brushless system

murankar

Staff member
So really any radio would work. I have heard that Specktrum DSM2 acts screwy on water.

murankar

Staff member
I can say that Futaba and Specktrum are reliable. I have heard good things about graupner and jetti. As for all others you will have to see who else chimes in on this topic.

murankar

Staff member
That's a 2 channel tx, just making sure you know that. Also I believe that is DSM2, so just pay attention to how the model behaves on the water.

b438486e32b092d135c4bd442575b685.jpg

Twisted_VI5ION

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I recently built a Tamiya RC Truck and I used a Planet T5 Transmitter and receiver. The transmitter can transmit 5 channels but the receiver can receive 6 channels. How can I use the spare channel on my receiver without purchasing a new transmitter? (Is there a single channel transmitter?)

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, there is no way of utilizing that 6th channel. You would need a 6 ch Tx to do that.

Top Bottom