450 Transmitter

Rackman

Hello all hope were all doing well at this time. I have question on all these new transmitters of today, my wife has been talking with all the kids here and are wanting to buy my a nice Transmitter and of course my preference has been to stay with Spectrum. I have a DX7S and I'm truly happy with it but if one were to buy something in todays market what would you all suggest.. and yes not a plane flyer here old school heli's are what I love but the plan is to someday go to a flybarless unit down the road .. can anyone throw out a suggestion .. :arms: And yeah I suck eggs at figuring out my way around here,,

Admiral

Stay with Spektrum, find one that has the features that you want at a price you want, the learning curve will be easier , I have an NX10 and love it, but I'm sure I would have been just as happy with an NX8, maybe not as happy with an NX6, I occasionally need more channels.

Rackman

Thanks Admiral ,,after looking I told her to just hold off they'll be something new in the near future lol.. just need her to leave me with what I have really ,,I really do like my DX7s even if it do talk .. I really prefer it really lol

Rackman

I'm sure you get my drift on no voice ..lol she has just been bugging to get a new one or something,,, I think I have enough here :arms:

Tony

Staff member
Agreed, stick with spektrum since you already have spektrum. I have the DX9 Black, and love it. More than enough channels, mixing is almost unlimited and you can hold 250 models. And unlike the higher channel Tx's (IX12 for example), it is lighter and more of a standard size. Now, if you want a touch screen running android.... :lmao:

Rackman

Thanks Tony for the advice, I guess best for my bang just so much out there now day's its a bit mind boggling .. lol :numbness::blahblah:

Smoggie

I'm just blown away with the bang for buck the Radiomaster TX16S delivers, and it's multi protocol module that allows you to bind to almost any brand of receiver is a game change. you can do things with this $200 Radio that just aren't possible with Spektrum at any price. BUT (and it's a big but) the OpenTx software it uses can be a very steep learning curve if coming from a menu driven system like Spektrum. Once you get to grips with OpenTx it's fantastic but up to then it can be fantastically frustrating.

Rackman

I'm just blown away with the bang for buck the Radiomaster TX16S delivers, and it's multi protocol module that allows you to bind to almost any brand of receiver is a game change. you can do things with this $200 Radio that just aren't possible with Spektrum at any price. BUT (and it's a big but) the OpenTx software it uses can be a very steep learning curve if coming from a menu driven system like Spektrum. Once you get to grips with OpenTx it's fantastic but up to then it can be fantastically frustrating.

Top Bottom