450 Transmitter

Derek

I would imagine this decision would be based on "your" needs and "your" future intentions. Would the 9 channels be enough or do you see yourself growing into a 14 channel tx?

at $600 for either tx, that part is irrelevant.

If it were me, I'd go with the DX9 but that's just because I use Spektrum products and haven't had any issues.

Good luck buddy!

Lee

Its a personal thing. Futaba guys will say futaba, Spektrum guys will say Spektrum.
If you are a member of a club, go with what most popular there. This will make it easier for people to help you with set ups.
The up side for me and the DX9, is all the Bind n fly models available out there, and the fact receiver prices are cheaper.

scrc511

Thanks guys, either Tx I can get it for $550 at my local Hobby shop. I had Futaba T8FGH 14 Super before and loved the radio, but sold it cause I miss flying the BNF's Heli's so then got the JR X9503. Love the black finish on DX9 Black Edition and it comes with nice case also, quad bearings gimbals and all those voice alert features. Been a JR user before my Futaba so getting a spectrum radio is a little scary for me, but I know most guys use it and no issues there. Forgot to mentioned I used to have the DX8 also, and the radio cause me two crashes on my first 450 Trex HELI. Thank you guys, I might try the DX9, spectrum once more..cheers & happy flying!

wolfman76

If it were me cause I have had one of the first futaba pistol grip surface radios also have a futaba conquest 7ch air radio and a dx8 if you are thinkin of having bigger planes at all I would go with the dx18 you will never need to upgrade your radio again n I think it is close to the price range.. my bad it is 799.00 but still a sound future rc investment I know as soon as I can I will be upgrading to that radio cuz I have plans for 105" corsair and a 1/4 scale turbine in mind. But as mentioned it all comes down to your preference if you go futaba I am sure there is a way around it working with most bnf plane's

scrc511

Well after long consideration and since I used to have the 8FGH, decided and went ahead purchased the Futaba 14SGH. Now I'm trying to decide if I should sell my mint condition JR X9503 transmitter. Thanks for all your help guys.

Derek

Good luck with your upcoming purchase! I have a flying buddy that has that Futaba tx and he really does like it very much. He's more of a Futaba guy and I'm more of a Spektrum guy. To each his own. Have fun!!!

scrc511

Thank you so much, I really loved my 8FGH and miss it so much after I got rid of it. I've waited this long to get the 14SGH, got it for $539 after the $60 off promo discount from Tower Hobbies with free shipping. They will also include the rx they owe me when I purchased the 8FGH that at the time should of have given me two rx's.

Slobberdog

That Futaba 14sgh is sweet, felt so much nicer in my hands than the spektrum, but alas was out of my league, bah bah bah, you will enjoy I'm sure,

Stambo

I am real happy with my Taranis.
Having it read out flight pack voltage every 30 seconds at the flick of a switch really helps when flying FPV. :)

Top Bottom