Quad Transmitter Won't Energize**

ranger258

Today here in Massachusetts, I put together the Hubsan H501S Drone Advance Version with transmitter, put in fresh ni-cad batterys AA (8) of them fully charge, turn on transmitter, I notice little led-light flickering when I pressed the power button or trim button, you could just about see the light flicker or enter button would make a little beep every time the button was depressed. Then I tried 7.4V 1400 aMh li-po battery same thing. Screen was black every time I turned the power button on , and the little light would flicker. Does anyone out there no if they made a bad batch of transmitters? Purchased from GearBest. Thanks for reading, and waiting for your most welcome email answers.

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried 8 Alkaline batteries? NiCd batteries are 1.2 volts each and Alkaline are 1.5. This could be enough of a voltage difference to keep it from coming on. Also, 8 Alkaline batteries are 12 volts so that 2s pack would not do much. It's even less voltage than the NiCd's. A 3s pack would be the closest at 12.6 fully charged.

ranger258

Yes I have tried both, posting some pictures, and thanks for reading. Frank

Attachments

• back of transmitter.jpg
    back of transmitter.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 6
  • front of transmitter.jpg
    front of transmitter.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 6
  • Li po battery.jpg
    Li po battery.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 6
  • regular battery.jpg
    regular battery.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 6

Tony

Staff member
I see the lipo is actually branded the same, making this able to handle a wide range of voltages. With that, the only thing I can think of is that it is waiting for a connection to the quad in order to come on. Will this actually happen? I'm not sure. But I would definitely be contacting the place you purchased it from just to get the RMA ball rolling just in case. Almost sounds like you have a bad Tx.

ranger258

(Just a note) about the last comment, and thank you for reading, this is a brand new transmitter, you put the battery in it turn on the power switch from of the transmitter and it should energize or power light displays, but it doesn't it just flickers for a couple of seconds. I purchased Drone from GearBest in China, now I'm dealing with them, about there warranty, and sending it back at my expense. I guess I have to take the bad along with the good, plus get a learning experience out of it all. It's going to cost me around $60 bucks to send back using USPS or UPS or FedX***** anyone have any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
I would not send it back. Not for that price. If you can, carefully take the back of the Tx off so that we can see the inside of it. Lets see if we can diagnose this poor little guy.

And one thing that has me scratching my head, with the power switch flipped up, it says OFF under it. I'm not trying to insult you in any way, but I have to ask. Are you sure it is turned on? Again, I have to ask since it is not sitting here in front of me.

ranger258

(Just a note) @ Tony**** I notice that myself, with the power switch all the way down at the top reads ON, flip the switch up, reads Off******
Anyway I found the problem, drum roll please. I went to the Home Depot Store today and bought (2) two packages of Duracell AA Batteries, the Alkaline batteries, installed them in the transmitter, and hallelujah it works like it suppose to do. Now as I pen this email, I'm looking at the transmitter sitting beside me looking at the power switch button all the way down and at the top of the slider reads ON when it's really shut off. I give up..... My learning experience over this quagmire is not happy using Duracell AA alkaline batteries for now. I have to investigate trying to use Li-Po battery's, as a substitute anyone have any ideas ? Transmitter has a 12V system I would say because it runs with (8) eight AA batteries. Thanks for reading and waiting for your most welcome emails to my post. Frank from Massachusetts

Tony

Staff member
That is weird on the power button lol. But at least you got it working and you don't have to send it back. Have you bound it up to the aircraft yet? If so, how are you liking it?

Might want to look into a 3s pack if you are wanting to go wtih a LiPo on this Tx. Should be the same voltage as those AA batteries. Might need to do some wiring though.

ranger258

@ Tony and the group*** Now what I'm concern about is if your upgrading your radio from a Double AA alkaline batteries or other type of battery, do you have to make sure the radio is calibrated for a Li-Po battery operating at 12 volts. Think about this one guys, any thoughts. (Just a note) have not flown drone yet, because here in Massachusetts today the temp-out side is 18 degrees, very windy, and tomorrow Thursday 01/04/2018 we are going to get a blizzard here on the east coast predict between 12 to 16 inch's of snow starting around 3AM with wind gusts of 45 to 60 mile hr. Yowzer. Again thanks group for reading my post and giving me so input. Keep you all updated.... Be Cool Frank from Massachusetts

Top Bottom