Batteries Total Discharge:(

Graham Lawrie

Had an awesome weekend weather really good. Got carried away hovering my 600 and drained my battery. Can it be recovered from total drain.

Lee

Just try to bring it up on a low charge rate. If it gives you a low voltage error, you can set it to nihm charge and get it back up to +3v then switch Bach to lipo. Just keep an eye on it while you charge, incase something should go wrong.
Glad you got the 600 up. Lets see the video.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Puffing?? Then not recommended

If not ... Then it's a a bit tricky.... Connect it to the charger programmed as nicd pack

Charge slowly at 0.5A or so... And constantly monitoring temperature. Like CONSTANTLY :)

When it gets upto like 3.2 volts per cell, you can disconnect it and go back to LiPo and let charger do its thing balancing it ... Slow charge :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Gaba. I will try that:) Videos soon Lee:) Midges made it only possible for a short flight. Moving to a new venue this week at 800 feet in the hills above my house. Proto was awsome in the air on the AR7200bx, sooooooooo stable. Cant believe my training gear was causing the 3gx so much problems:) But plus side i now have a master to mentor me:)

Tony

Staff member
If you had this in an aircraft, the ESC should have stopped the discharge at about 3vDC or so depending on the settings. So I don't think you ran them flat. If you did, the only way to bring them back is to "jump start" them and that can be very dangerous.

xokia

I have got it back but the balance is not good and they are not charging above 4 on each cell:(

Charge each cell with 1S and a low charge rate through the balance port. I posted instructions a while back on how to do this.

Posted here

Proto was awsome in the air on the AR7200bx, sooooooooo stable. Cant believe my training gear was causing the 3gx so much problems:) But plus side i now have a master to mentor me:)
I was actually pretty amazed myself. I have a 3GX on my trex 450 and thought it flew pretty good. The Beastx on my 700 flies SOOOOooooo much better. Which it could just be the difference between the 700 and 450. But there is such a difference its amazing. I can literally take my hands completly off the controls and my 700 stays planted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom